Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO user manual
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO user manual
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
what's the size of your UK map?

My Great Britain map is 87,231,629 bytes, (85,188 KB).

Regards

Roger
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Need to have a word with iGO why they are releasing the wrong map. (My map is about 7 MB bigger...)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
I see. Need to have a word with iGO why they are releasing the wrong map. (My map is about 7 MB bigger...)

That would explain it. If you get any sense from them I'd be very interested in the explanation.

Regards

Roger
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
darthpaul wrote:
It looks very nice, this iGo.

It does look nice, but that's the only nice thing about it. It is not intuitive and is dificult to use.

Not wishing to start a flame, but I happen to agree with you Eldar. I find Igo incredibly complicated when compared to TomTom 6. I have an ipAQ 6910 with TT6 & Igo & also have a TomTom One v2 with latest maps etc! My wife had occasion to recently go on a longish journey & I gave her the TomTom One v2 to use, which she did with only a two minute guide! She loved it & her passenger bought one herself the following weekend!

This weekend I let her use my ipAQ & suggested that she tried Igo .. she gave up after 20 mins & went to TomTom. She, like me though that iGo (altho very pretty) was very "user-unfriendly" & overly-complicated!

The manual (available for download) is pretty useless when it comes to show how to actually use the software. How do I set up favourites? (Dead easy in TT6)

Thats the negative .. the positive is that its blindingly quick to recalculate a route (when you have managed to set a route up!!) altho it takes much longer to locate the satellites than TT6.

What I cant figure out is this (if its possible) .. I want to plan a route from Point A to Point B (not starting from home) to "test" to see if Igo can identify known Gatsco cameras on this route. (To do this with TomTom is very easy & quick) .. and I'll be damned if I can get it to do this?

Is this possible & if so, can anyone here tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance. Smile

P.S. Great forum!
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellywobbles wrote:
What I cant figure out is this (if its possible) .. I want to plan a route from Point A to Point B (not starting from home) to "test" to see if Igo can identify known Gatsco cameras on this route. (To do this with TomTom is very easy & quick) .. and I'll be damned if I can get it to do this?

To do this I'd use the Route Tab/Edit (4.7.3.5 in the manual) with no route selected you can add a start, end point, via's etc. and optimise them.
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iGO wont do camera warnings in demo mode so select a start other than home or last postion

select map
select start point then start in the menu at the bottom of the screen then select you destionation.

and at the bottom of the screen selelct route too, now you can do a fly over

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both mk_graham & alix776, but after spending the last hour struggling I have decided to give up on Igo & stay with TomTom.

I am sure that Igo is a great app, but I just dont have the patience or the time. Its so ridiculously "user unfriendly" & unintuitive, its easy to see why the TomTom guys have sold such huge quantities of their software / hardware products when they have competition like this!

I wonder just how many people like me have given up!

BTW . its worth noting that I live in an area thats not good for indoor Satnav reception & Igo will not lock-on indoors; however, if I run up TomTom 6 I can get a lock-on (not very strong). Is what I am trying to do with Igo dependant on satnav reception? (I also find this outside .. TT6 will lock on very much quicker than Igo .. by a very significant factor .. and Igo loses the signal far more often than TT6, when mobile.)

We are using HP iPaqs at work (thats why I am testing Igo & TomTom) & I just cannot see my users wanting to use Igo after trying TomTom, and since I will have to support them, its a no brainer for me!

Maybe we can take another look when Igo 7 is released, but right now its TomTom for us!

Thanks anyway for your help .. its much appreciated.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give igo little longer it does take a little bit longer to get used to but once you do get used to it its great I've found the complete revere of what you've found but that could be a hardware diffence. igo will allow you to plan more stops than tomtom and then optimise them. the plane an the map colours and also spoken direction I've found are mouch better than tomtom

device Lumia 950 xl
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well alix I havent given up, but in fairness I am recommending TomTom 6 to my users (purely for a quieter life!); I think if I had to provide Igo support to my users, I'd be forced to find another job! Laughing Out Loud!

I am still wrestling with it & of course you are correct I am finding that it IS great (but then I am a stubborn Yorkshireman!) when you manage to delve a bit deeper, but the interface & menu structure is a total "dogs dinner" ;)

I have to say the apart from the interface, I am not too happy with the UK map that I am using .. are the Igo maps Navteq or Teleatlas?

I also miss the spoken "Gatsco ahead ..... " warning that I have on my TomTom.

Thanks for your encouragement .. I'll pop back periodically for more help .. that's for sure.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it uses teleatlas and ive used both tomtom and igo side by side ive always fund the igo map to hve more information and easier to read

device Lumia 950 xl
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about Igo My Way that puzzles me, what's the connection with Mio?

Do Mio maps run with Igo My Way.

BTW Alix776 .. the more I "play" with Igo the more I am liking it, however I have to say that the constant "route recalculation" messages area pain in the bum, as is the reference to "highway" instead of "motorway"!

Oh & I still prefer TomTom maps visually (& lack of detail) .. much easier to read whilst mobile (& much safer .. I take less time squizzing at my ipAQ when running TT6, than I do when running Igo)

Cheers Smile
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the tie up with moi is that they liked the application and got a customized version as far i know

when i was in scotland last year i was up at some freinds and the roads i was using were not on the tt map but were on the iGO map also i find the route calculation much faster

device Lumia 950 xl
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellywobbles wrote:
I have to say that the constant "route recalculation" messages area pain in the bum, as is the reference to "highway" instead of "motorway"!

You can edit the soundfiles to remove the recalculation annoyance, and to use british words.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
jellywobbles wrote:
I have to say that the constant "route recalculation" messages area pain in the bum, as is the reference to "highway" instead of "motorway"!

You can edit the soundfiles to remove the recalculation annoyance, and to use british words.

Hi Lutz .. thanks for the tip.

Is there a thread / link that you can point me to that will explain how to do this?

Rgds

JW
doogle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: iGO user manual Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The english manual is now available at

http://www.i-go.com/download/iGO_2006_SD_User_Manual_UK_v1_09.pdf

Can someone post another link to the user manual as this one doesn't work anymore?
Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: