Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Over 2000 bridges now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Over 2000 bridges now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepy184
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any bridges in your database under 9ft? If so, I would be interested in a copy of it please.
Thanks
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: thanks....... Reply with quote

thanks for the info mullet.....I have created my warning as you suggested but don't know how to convert it to OGG format?? as I do not have soundforge audio or any programs like that.......can you suggest something that will do the job that I can download.....??
By the way.....I already have all the speed camera voices.......just need to add one for the bridges......do I need to replace the whole data file with a new one containing the whole lot or can I just add the new one to it??

cheers
Toni
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try MP3 to Wav Converter from http://www.softdivshareware.com/mp3converter.html

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks....... Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
thanks for the info mullet.....I have created my warning as you suggested but don't know how to convert it to OGG format?? as I do not have soundforge audio or any programs like that.......can you suggest something that will do the job that I can download.....??
By the way.....I already have all the speed camera voices.......just need to add one for the bridges......do I need to replace the whole data file with a new one containing the whole lot or can I just add the new one to it??

cheers
Toni

Oldboy's link for the file conversion.
Load your Data.chk into POIExtend and add the warning, though this can be done as you say by just editing, I would check and varify the whole of the warning prompts for what little time it takes.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great compilation, but is there any chance of a file with the information in height order, so that those of us without one of the supported products, but with a bit of knowledge, could create our own suitable files.

We could also pass them back once we had done that, if required.
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

hi guys........I've created my voice file which plays at the right speed and then converted it to OGG format using the program richard suggested and put it into Poiextend but when I play it on there it sounds like mickey mouse at 100 speed. I found a topic on this earlier but now cannot find it anywhere.......how do I slow it down to play correctly??

cheers
Toni
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: not to worry Reply with quote

sussed it myself guys.........cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: not to worry Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
sussed it myself guys.........cheers
Care to share what you did to sort it out for the benefit of others? - was it the sample speed 22050Hz set wrong per chance? - Mike
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: yeah of course Reply with quote

yeah sorry....of course.......still had a couple of problems.....!

Use the link above from oldboy
choose "settings" from the menu boxes along the top and then choose "OGG settings" from the tabs....
I am using tom tom navigator 5 on a pda so I picked 16000khz at 96 Kbps from the drop down menus
choose "mono" from the other drop down menu and then do the convertion
copy this over into POIextend and all should be ok when you play........

I used "ATTENTION!! Low bridge ahead" and wanted to get more emphasis on the word attention and put loads of exclamation marks after the word.....had to delete them down to 2, otherwise the final message on the PDA came out as "attention".......and nothing else.......

As I had the voice speed camera warnings already on the PDA which I had downloaded elsewhere in the forums I loaded this data.chk file into POIextend and just replaced the "polite 3 message"(the credits").....sound 15 on my version with the new OGG file and created a new data.chk file. This was then used to replace the original speed camera file on the PDA(found in navigator)........
All the original camera warnings stayed as they were.......and "polite 3" became the bridge warning message.......

Note.....you only get 8 or 9 trial goes with the link from oldboy to convert your wav file to an OGG one.........then I'm guessing that you have to buy it..........!!
Hope this helps........

Cheers
Toni
Toni

hope this helps
cdalmeida
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin:
Amazing work you've got at your website. I downloaded a couple of programs and hopefully I will have the time to understand how POI works on the TomTom. I have just bought a TomTom 910 and am very excited about its capabilities. I will be going to Italy in a few days and was wondering if you know any POI files covering Italy for download.
Best regards.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: