Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50 Theres is a way to add Camera Locations POI Etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50 Theres is a way to add Camera Locations POI Etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This maybe a start as I found two files that may help http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

http://www.resco-net.com/explorer.asp

Iam of to Bornemouth for the weekend so I will have a go when I get back. See ya.
pendragon1960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Guys,

Got it working in about 4 hours- thanks to the instructions.

A am getting an error with the Virtcomm however where it keeps telling me it cannot flush the registry a bunch of times - is this a problem?

Also I cannot see the POI's on the 2D - Is this normal?

Last question - what is the difference between virtcomm and virtcommtmc. Any difference? I'm using a U70T.

Great stuff
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!

Never seen the registry flushing error, and never had pois fail on 2d, only 3d. So I can't help you with that I'm afraid. I'd be tempted to reset the whole thing from the CD, to get it back as shipped, and now you know what you're doing, set it all up again. Bet you can do it in less than half an hour the second time around!

virtcomtmc is NOT the right one - it intercepts TMC messages as well, which you don't need to do on a U70T, and is pointless on a U70 as you have no TMC receiver anyway. So use the non tmc version of virtcom.

Let us know if you resolve it?
pendragon1960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dippy,

The virtcom problem occurs if I 'OK' the programme after I have made all the setting changes - it is OK on test data and POI Observer runs OK.

On the POI's, can you 'see' the speed camera positions on your Sony or does it only warn you when in range?

Really great find this.

C
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird.

Are you making sure you are doing this in the right order?

Get to desktop. Make sure you are NOT running POI Observer or the Sony nav software. Terminate POI Observer if you need to and press CTRL Q on the Sony software with the popup virtual keyboard if you have to.

Run virtcom
Run POI Observer
Run Sony nav software

Other than that I don't know!

As to the warnings, it doesn't show you the positions on the map, no. It makes whatever warning sound you have put in (mine speaks to you) and flashes whatever icon you have chosen (mine are the speed limit signs in red) at whatever position on the screen you have chosen (mine is dead centre top where there is a handy gap in the row of Sony icons).

To get it to show POIS on the actual map would mean adding them to the Sony inbuilt Pois - there's no way (yet) of doing this that I know of, not that I've really tried as yet. You could add local ones as favourites I suppose, but it will only take 100 of those.

I have discovered it's possible to design routes on your PC and upload them to the Sony though, even though Sony say you can't...Smile
Vikash_sinha
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: new upgarde for Sony Reply with quote

Hey guys,
new upgrade available at sony website:
Software update version 1.04 (released on 8th May 2006):

This update replaces software version 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 and improves the following product functionality:

In certain regions, TMC information may not be displayed correctly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.04 still has problems with TMC, We might get one that works when there is a major version change something like 3.00. Laughing
Vikash_sinha
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello dippy, how do you plan your route on PC and downlaod to unit? do you see street names in 3d mode?
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Route planning on pc should be doable, but not finished looking at it yet.

However, if you look on the Sony using with Activesync in the right place, you will find some .rte files for your favourites. Stick those into a text editor and you'll see they are dead simple - just a longitude, latitude, name, and some extra fields I've not yet identified.

So to create a route on the pc, I reckon you should be able to use google earth or more likely multimap (or whatever you prefer) to get the longitiude and latitude of the the places you want, then jigger those numbers into a .rte file and throw it onto the sony is all.

Anyway, that's what I'm gonna have a crack at when I get the chance. If it works I'll knock up something to at least semiautomate it.
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and no, no street names in 3d.
seanosul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded 1.04 today and lost the ability to get to the desktop using ctrl and q on the virtual keyboard. This effectively meant i was not able to de-activate and re-activate the observer software. I have now done a complete restore from the DVD (which brings you back to V1). I am going to give this another try but one thing I also noticed was a great deal of slowdown on the device.
seanosul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I did a full reset - with nothing else running the sony picks up the satellite - everything works. With virtualcomm and POIobserver running - no sattelite can be found. Is this a problem with just mine or are others having a problem with 1.04?
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried 1.04 (yet).

Are you sure that after the complete reinstall you reset the prefs.ini file to read from the correct com port? What you describe sounds as if you might have forgotten that step?
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - I don't bother with the ctrl-q method now.

Just turn on the device

click at the bottom to get to the task bar

flip to the desktop from there with the icon bottom right

sort out Observer

go back to the Navigator software

Both of which are shortcuts on the dekstop. Works fine, no need to stop/restart the Navigator software at all it turns out.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POI observer works with 1.04. As dippy said retrace your steps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: