Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator ND and Speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator ND and Speed cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venommous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've done all that's set out here, but I don't know which Destinator file to put all the CSV files into on my Acer n35. Everything else seems to be working with Destinator PN, although finding the sat's is a little slow, but I can live with that if I can get the Alerts to work.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks, V
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to import the csv files with the destinator console software on your pc. Plug your device into pc (making sure that activesync starts up) and open destinator console. On the left of the screen you see a list of maps - check the uk map. You should now see that the favorites import button is no longer greyed out so click it. Browse for the first csv file, click convert and when that is done click download. And your done. Do the next file in the same way.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
venommous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, timanfiya, I've done that now and I'll let you know if it works next time I'm out - no cameras near me so I need a longer run to sort it out.
Cheers, V
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For testing purposes I always locate somewhere around the corner from my house and add it to the favorites under the camera catergory. If you add a couple of locations near to you in seperate catergories you can test it out. Just remember to delete them when your done.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
venommous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news I'm afraid. I've tried the above method and changed all the files etc, but I only get the voice to yell out "Favourites Alert" rather than inform me about the individual cameras as originally intended.
If I untick the Favourites "Eye" and leave the 5 x csv camera "eyes" ticked will this work instead? Or will this stop all the camera alerts totally?
Or have I still missed out something important?
V
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't matter if the favories eye is cheacked or not. This will only effect what is in the favorites catergory. That is all it is - a predefined catergory like the ones you have created for your cameras. They work independantly of each other.

You are running PN yes?

You have downloaded the and installed the upgrade patch from Destinator haven't you? I believe PN was not working with favorites alerts properly until they brought out that patch?

If not try going through the instructions set out here, they are similar but more focused for the GNAV. The principle is the sam and you might spot something you missed.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35203
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
hoppo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Camera Alerts Destinator pn Reply with quote

Hi Paul80
Well done with the speed cameras. Works fine on the Packard Bell GPS 400. I've been looking at all the camera links and trying for about a month to get it working. YOUR METHOD IS CORRECT TO THE LETTER. Get screen warning (Gatso, Redlight etc.)and voices (Gatso, Redlight using edited tomtom voices I cribbed and edited from a tomtom site) Pity you can't make these instructions more prominent somwhere as there is a lot of discussion on this subject.
Would it be ok to mention this link on the PB website as they are useless at providing any info. If not won't provide it.
Regards
Hoppo
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hoppo

Glad to be of some help, now perhaps some PB users will start to accept that this little unit is not actually all that bad and in more than one case is its actually better than the Almighty Tom-Tom.

Re the PB site there are already a couple of links on there; trouble is no one knows how to use the search function on the PB forum. But if you want to post it in it entirety please feel free

Paul
Tedley48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Destinator ND Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have just got a reconditioned Tibo X371 + Destinator ND this week. I have followed Paul80's instructions and everything went well until I tried to convert the CSV files. I don't appear to have a way to convert them.

It's more than likely me being thick.

Can anyone help.

Ted
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you start Console, click on your main installed map on the left and the Favorites Import buton should activate, click this and the import favorite option box will open, one of the options on this is convert.
irv777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, im in australia and i have an imate jamin with destinator PN 5.1.80 with WM5 patch with australian maps....first of all where do i download the files to convert? and will these files work for australian maps?.....is there a way to modify this without having to convert the files and just modify the *.inf* files, also when i installed the destinator PN program to my pda there is already *.wav* files in the "All", "EnglishUK", EnglishUS" folder with red light camera and speed camera and the rest the standard .wav files etc......just wondering if i can use these wav files......basically what i want to achieve is to have a voice alert saying "red light camera" and "speed camera" instead of the "favourite alerts" voice alert......i dont care much about changing the visual alerts etc....thanks in advance
Tedley48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Paul, my HDD decided to pack up and with work etc it has took me until now to fit a new one. The problem I have with the Tibo is when I start up I get 9 items on the menu and I do not know what you mean as I do not have maps on the left in any of them. Sorry for being so thick.
Ted
Commsman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: DestinatorND 5.5.085 - different folder structure = problem Reply with quote

Hi
The instructions for installing speed camera POIs does not work on this version of DestinatorND as the folder structure is different! (doh - why do they change these things around??)

On my PB GPS400 just arrived = [refurbished model from eBay], I was supplied with a CD that said it had DestinatorND but if I install the software from the CD (not the maps) all the screenshots look more like DestinatorPN. A hard reset gets me back to the much nicer looking DestinatorND 5.5.0.085 which I greatly prefer. (sorry, did not get the version number of the software on the CD).

On the new version of ND, the problem is that folders such as
\Destinatorapps\Destinator\Common\Favorites
do not exist! I get as deep as \Destinatorapps\Destinator\ and then there are folders named Language, Skin, UserData and Voice

I am pretty sure that all I need to do is work out which folders do what for this new version of DestinatorND and it will be OK. Certainly, CREATING the folder structure as posted so far in this thread does NOT work!
I will post my results if I am sucessful.

Commsman
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so you have the all new v5.5, my instructions where written for v5.1.

Your version as you have found is totaly different to mine so I will not be able to help.

All I can sugest is have a look at the files that need installing which are the BMP and WAV files and see if you can see where the defult files are already on the unit. The CSV Files are installed by console, unless they have changed that as well.

As for what version is on the CD if it is the same as mine in console click the first button (Install Software) the box that pops up should at the top show the version number, I suspect this will be 5.1.XXXX

Sorry I cannot be much more help than this.
Commsman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul80 wrote:
Ah so you have the all new v5.5, my instructions where written for v5.1.

Dead right! - the CD has version 5.1.118
So somebody has flashed new firmware onto my unit with the new version - which I must say is rather nice. It does NOT allow you to set different warning settings for different POI groups however! Doh.
I have sorted out the upload of POIs tho - takes a bit of effort but worth it:
1. WAV files are copied to:
\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Voice\All

2. BMP files are copied to:
\DestinatorApps\Destinator\UserData\Favorites

3. Convert the CSV files using the destinator console

4. and now the tricky bit! because I don't want to overwrite my nice shiny new version of DestinatorND with the less shiny old version, I cannot copy the converted files to the device. If I try it, it complains that the software is not installed etc. etc. So - locate the place on your hard drive where the converted CSV files have been placed - the converted files have the DAT extension and are found at:
[path to destinator]\DestinatorApps\Collection\Console\IndepIndep\Favorites
And copy these DAT files to the same place as the BMP files:
\DestinatorApps\Destinator\UserData\Favorites

Cheers

Commsman

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: