Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help to download POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help to download POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Help to download POI's Reply with quote

Question I have tried to download for C_CC sites to work with TomTom, I have had no problems downloading updates to TT but am having trouble with POI's. I originally downloaded to my iPaq memory but when I tried to open via File Explorer got a message, "There no application associated with C_CC Sites run the application irst then open the file from within the application."I then downloaded to the same SD card that had my maps on. It then appeared in my POI's list which I ticked, but they do not appear on the maps.
Obviously I am doing something wrong, so will anyone give me an IDIOTS guide to downloading POI's.
I would like to look at GP Assist but not until I can transfer POI's succesfully.
Thank in hope
Doug
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is C_CC sites ?

Downloading POI's, all you have to do is save them to your PC, then open up ActiveSync (Explorer) and browse to your storage card where the country directory for TomTom is located, e.g. Great Britain, then copy any OV2 and corresponding BMP files for a POI into this directory.

Undock the Pocket PC, then run TomTom Navigator 2. Go into the Map screen, the FILE | PROPERTIES | POI and scroll down until you find the new POI you've added, and tick it. Then OK, and the POI's will appear on the map.
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Help to download POI's Reply with quote

Thanks Dave I'l try that . C_CC Sites stands for Camping & Caravannining Club Sites.
Doug
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I guess I still learn something new each day! :D
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave :D everything now works,Pocket GPS has helped me once again up that steep learning curve.For your information I obtained the POI info on www.jollyinteresting.co.uk where there is Autoroute pushpins for Camping & Caravanning Club sites plus their CL's(certificated locations) and alsoCaravan Club sites plus their CS's (certificaed sites)
and recently a page for Tom Tom Navigator POI overlay files for both clubs. Very usefull for a Motorcaravanner like me.

Doug

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: