Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Good old Garmin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Good old Garmin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Good old Garmin Reply with quote

Had an email last Friday saying my V8 disc was in the post. Had an email today, 8 days later, telling me I'm now on the list to get one. Joker
nigelv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered my Garmin Quest on Sun 12th March on their website and requested an update from City Select v6 to City Navigator v8.

By Friday I hadn't even received an email acknowledging my request so I phoned Garmin Europe and spoke to a support guy called Oliver who was incredibly helpful.

Not only did he sort out my registration but he sent out a City Navigator v8 update dvd which arrived with me on the Saturday morning. You can't ask for any quicker than that. Fantastic service.

I suppose the moral of the story is, it might be an idea to give them a ring and deal with them in person rather than waiting on a automated process.

Hope this helps.
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it arrived today, will find out if i get a free unlock later !!!!
Jives
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Well done Garmin Reply with quote

I registered my Garmin Quest1 in Jan this year, it came with CS6 so I rang them up ang got a free update to CS7, Then a couple of weeks ago I went for the free upgrade to CN8 via the web site, nothing happened not even an e mail so I rang on Mon this week and the guy said no problem I'll send one out straight away, It came yesterday and it installed and unlocked without any hassle.
So result! well happy am I
don't see any problem with slow screen update as yet but to be honest it dosen't seem a lot different at all,

Greg

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: