Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mobile 5 on Nokia 9300i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mobile 5 on Nokia 9300i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: TomTom Mobile 5 on Nokia 9300i Reply with quote

Hi,

Is anyone using TTM5 on a Nokia 9300i (and I mean the "i" model)? I had great difficulties installing it and getting it to run. Clicking on the TomTom icon copied to my desktop would result in:

System: Unable to find the specified object.

The only way I can start TTM5 is by opening the following file in File Manager:

D:\SYSTEM\Apps\TTMOBILE80\TTMOBILE80.appx

-Dominique
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that originaly with my 9500,

The only way to fix it is was to format the phone,

Think it was an app that I must have installed that caused the error, Some programs change things on the S80 that TomTom doesn't like,

Carl,

P.S. If it's a fresh phone with nothing installed then there must be another problem and you should contact TomTom,
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Mobile 5 on Nokia 9300i Reply with quote

domi wrote:

The only way I can start TTM5 is by opening the following file in File Manager:

D:\SYSTEM\Apps\TTMOBILE80\TTMOBILE80.appx

That doesn't look as a proper app file name.
The extension should be without the 'x'

You should have these files in
\SYSTEM\Apps\TTMOBILE80\
TREMOR.DLL
TTMOBILE80.AIF
TTMOBILE80.APP
TTMOBILE80.MBM
TTMOBILE80.RSC

\SYSTEM\Apps\Recogs\
TTBOOTKICK.MDL

\tomtom
data.chk
TTSWITCHER.EXE
domi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Mobile 5 on Nokia 9300i Reply with quote

TuurG wrote:

That doesn't look as a proper app file name.
The extension should be without the 'x'
You should have these files in

I have all of the files you mention, except for TTMOBILE80.APP, which is TTMOBILE80.appx on my system. Don't ask me how it got there, it was definitely created by TomTom, not me! Should I rename it to .APP?
kevwright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take the "x" off the end mate, works fine then, puts the icon back in desk.

Kev
ismaia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first posting. TTM5 installs fine on my 9300i firmware 05.50(00). Connects to the bluetooth GPS wonderfully and works like a gem. However, I experienced 2 problems:

1. Whenever I receive an incoming call with TTM5 active, a small Symbian window will pop-up saying that some problem has occured, and the incoming call drops but TTM5 works fine. This only happens when TTM5 is active.

2. After a hard boot (taking off battery), TTM5 icon on the desk changes and clicking it will not open TTM5.

Contacted TT but have yet received an answer. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Cheers.
ismaia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the solution from another forum (in Dutch) to my No. 2 problem. Whenever the 9300i is hard booted, TTM5 works fine.

Facts: 9300i with firmware 05.50(00) 16-12-2005 RA-8. The only difference is that mine is employee variant, used for internal Nokia, although I don't think that has any effect with the commercial 9300i.

If you decide to experiment, do it at your own risk please. Backup when possible.

Steps:
1. Install TTM5 as usual.
2. Reboot device. You may see the icon changed colour and clicking it will not open TTM5.
3. Open File Manager to Communicator\System\Apps you'll see 2 olders "ttmobile80" and "ttnav80". the first is the TTM5, and the second is the TTM5 contact navigation.
4. Rename both folders to "ttmobile" and "ttnav" respectively.
5. Open ttmobile folder, you'll see 7 files. Rename TTMOBILE80.APPX to TTMOBILE.APP. Leave CurrentMap.dat and Game.cfg as they were. Rename the rest 4 files without "80", ie TTMOBILE80.AIF to TTMOBILE.AIF.
6. Go to ttnav folder, you'll see 40 files. Change the filenames of all files in this folder without the "80", ie TTNAV80.AIF to TTNAV.AIF. Rename TTNAV80.APPX to TTNAV.APP.

Done. Go to desktop, and you'll see both TTM5 and TTM5 Contact Navigator icons and clicking them will open either app. With another reboot, hopefully it solves the problem.

Cheers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: