Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Cornz VW Passat Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Cornz VW Passat Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Cornz VW Passat Mount Reply with quote

Cornz has emailed us his current in-car setup where he has tailored his RAM mount to fit his VW Passat.

The full article can be found here
robpow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Cornz VW Passat Mount Reply with quote

Looks very creative! I however was looking for some inspiration as to the neatest possible installation in a Passat with no visible wiring, if possible.   I guess it's all down to what cradle you pick and if you can get a secure point of fixture close to the dash, was thinking of placing it just left of the steering wheel at air vent level.

Cheers,

Matt
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

Matt,

i thought teh same. Check out my post in the same forum. i just moved from Navman Sleeve (iPaq) to b/t GPS, and needed a new mount solution. wanted uber-neat and all the cradles i kept seeing looked bulky or cumbersome. I DONT like vent-mounts (passat has neat flush-closing vents anyway!) and liked the previous position of my navman sleeve/mount. In the end, found cheap - £15 - MAGNETIC windscreen mount. adhered metal plate onto the back of my iPaq's coverpak, and it's done.

Dont have any pics yet - i'll try and take some this weekend and email them in to the guys here, but the result is neat and seems pretty secure - i just road-tested it all on 400mile round trip on Tuesday.
cornz
Lifetime Member

To be fair, the wiring is messy but until i get the centre console out, it makes it difficult. I will tidy up the wiring and post updated piccies when its done. The manin criteria was cost, or rather the lack of cost...Exclucing the mount (RAM) its cost me less than 20 quid to make and set up and that includes the amplifier module and other bits and bats...

Almost 2 months on, its still going strong and car interior is untouched...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Cornz has sent us an email regarding his Ram Mount Review to say that he has been finding that the RAM retaining clip has been pushing against the volume + button all of the time, and over a few months this has resulted in a broken volume up button! He says it never occured to him until he noticed a patch of worn chrome on the button, and then it was too late.

A warning to all Ram mount users who own the 5450!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: