Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SCUBA diving POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SCUBA diving POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SCUBA diving POIs Reply with quote

I have started putting together a POI database of inland dive sites, shops, marinas and launches. Any one interested in using/adding to it?

I would add wrecks, reefs etc, but I thought TomTom might throw a blue fit trying to navigate 5 miles off shore ;)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SCUBA diving POIs Reply with quote

We would certainly be interested in this, perhaps not from a TomTom point of view, but there other applications which we will soon be releasing POI's for which could work out well.

If you can email me them. We probably won't release them straight away, we'll probably wait until the conversion of the other POI's, but it's something we would be interested in going forward.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

Great idea Rowen. I'd be on for the off shore sites too. Suppose they'd be OK in Memory Map in many cases.

Look forward to hearing more.

Matt
Dave
Frequent Visitor

We can't name product names at the moment, but there will be a selection of products that these could be used in going forward.
Rowen
Occasional Visitor

Dave - that sounds very interesting.... Can you give us any clues as to what dort of functionality we should be expecting?

Just to clarify - what I have been putting together is inland dive sites, shops and launches. I havn't looked at putting together POIs for anything at sea (mainly because I dive from hardboats and leave all the navigation type stuff to the skipper). That said, I'm sure it should be fairly easy to do. Dive Dorset etc have GPS marks for all the spots they talk about....

Rob
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Basically we'll be looking at releasing POI's in a whole host of formats for various products, not just TomTom Navigator. We're in talks with about half a dozen companies that will see these being made available in various formats, and also when new POI's are available, these will be made available for all of these products at the same time.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

I've seen a number of web sites offering GPS locations for dive sites as well as some databases. I've got a handful of locations I could add too. Am definitely looking forward to hearing more...
matt_e
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the new scuba POIs - I hadn't realised there were so many inland sites near me.

How can I contribute my sites (which are in the following categories):

Dive Shop/Centre

Shore Dive (e.g. sea)

Shore base for trips out to sea

Cheers,

Matt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: