Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - note to moderators..........sticky for MaFt's poi file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

note to moderators..........sticky for MaFt's poi file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: note to moderators..........sticky for MaFt's poi file Reply with quote

MaFt has done some great work on his poi file that lot of people have downloaded..just wondering (with mafts approval) whether the moderators can make it a sticky so that new members can benefit from it.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine by me, but think it would be better if they include a garmin file (csv's and edited bitmaps) in the safety camera database next time.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, strictly speaking we do not allow third parties to host our database whether in original or ammended format.

However we appreciate that on occasion there may be a requirment for a format we do no currently support. In this case however, we have been working closely with Garmin in the development of custom POI support for their range and intend adding support as part of our database releases.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your very quick response is much appreciated darren..
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Garmin POIs Reply with quote

I totally agree that MaFt POIs should not be only made as a sticky but should also be made available on the downloads page. I also think that it is better left as it is rather than only become a speed camera database. MaFt has done a brilliant job to make it Garmin-ready and I hope that he'll continue on expanding and improving it. Well done.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin POIs Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
I totally agree that MaFt POIs should not be only made as a sticky but should also be made available on the downloads page. I also think that it is better left as it is rather than only become a speed camera database. MaFt has done a brilliant job to make it Garmin-ready and I hope that he'll continue on expanding and improving it. Well done.

i didn't mean making it only a speed cam database, i meant if pocketgps add a garmin folder to their main speed cam download, the other poi's can be linked to etc either via the downloads site, or through this forum.

MaFt

ps - i've had permission to keep offering the zip file with the speed camera's ready for garmin at least until the next release of the database (thanks guys) so i assume they will be including the relvent format ready for use.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: