Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: MioMap v2 Software upgrade info! Reply with quote

Check this url.

So new software with some big changes, poi, new interface, new maps and free if you purchased after July 1st!

As an eary adopter of a mio 269 £400, I feel a little annoyed at this policy - let the lobbying begin!. I'm not worried by a small charge but really this should be a free download for customers particularly for those that stumped up extra dosh for a 269! - or am I being unrealitic!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An odd decision indeed, btw I've edited your link to removed the babelfish translation as it's in English anyway Confused
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: miomap upgrade Reply with quote

awesome news! i've struggled with my mio 268 and odd solutions for poi's etc and now it comes all in the standard package. just awesome! and even better..since i got my mio in july i even qualify for the free upgrade. my day just got off to a really good start!

great news, thanks for sharing neil.
BishBosh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

.......... Sad

I got mine 22nd June. I too will try to get the upgrade. Rolling Eyes
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Hi Bishbosh,
Unfair don't you think?, I have mailed miotech but await a respose - as soon as/if I get one I will post the results. Regards
BishBosh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too right its unfair.

I have sent Mio an email asking if I will be eligible for the upgrade.

Have you/anybody had a reply yet?

M.
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: still waiting ! Reply with quote

I suspect that this mail might get 'lost' in the support bin!
TD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad hope you have better luck than me.I purchased
my 269 6 july and have sent several queirys to Mio & as yet have not had a reply to any. realy regret selling my TOM TOM setup
TD
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: binning the tomtom Reply with quote

TD, remember you can get ttn5 running on the mio if you still have the programs on cd - works a treat and happily co exists with miomap.
TD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Neil
thanks for the reply. no I was'nt aware the Mio could run Tom Tom I was running TT3 but bought the 269 instead of upgrading toTT5 & purchasing Euro maps for my trip to prague ended up using TT3 European main roads anyway as it was so much easier to to use in terms of display & verbal instuctions & took me right though prague to my destination ,the 269 stoped at the german border, so the MIo was a waste of money. May still convert to TT5 If this new version 2 does'nt come up to hopefull expectations.
out of interest where can I find out how to load TT5 in the mio?

cheers TD
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: TomTom Reply with quote

TD

It is pretty easy once you have unlocked the mio - start here to read the various experiences of people. Alternatively do a search on tomtom on this message forum and you should find all you need.

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://mioskins.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D475/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmioskins%26hl%3Den%26hs%3D8kw%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official

I run TTN5 and MioMap and choose either depending on my requirements - so Mio for the best route verbal instructions including Road names or TomTom for Postcode precision - both work well with Speed camera and other poi files - the mio is more tricky to create custom POI databases but you can use and wav file you like for the warnings.

Regards, Neil

Neil
TD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Neil, had a look at at suggested web site & found it very interesting but Im afraid not being computer minded a lot went over my head .
could not find anything on unlockin The mio in this forum but will keep lookin
thanks

TD
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: unlocking your mio Reply with quote

TD
If you go to the gpspassion website, choose their forums and find the 'all in one navigation' section, you will find a thread devoted to unlocking the device or go to mioskins website (in french so you may wish to use babelfish or google to translate the pages) where there are tutorials which tell you exactly what to do. Once complete your mio will be able to run other software such as TomTom, or viamichelin mapsonic, which I hear runs well on these devices.
Regards, Neil
irishgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on this since????

"Please check back in August to find instructions on how to receive your free upgrade*."

its now mid way thru September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marktapp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they've finally updated the page... a bit.

Think i may be having a stoopid day though as i can't seem to follow their 'upgrade' procedure...

It says "Visit our online shop. Select the upgrade you would like to have (Region – Region, Region – Europe or Europe – Europe) and purchase it. "

I can't find it :-( Only option is for Europe.

Perhaps they mean 'From' instead of "Until November 30, you can receive a free software and map upgrade for your Mio 268 or Mio 269."

Also says "Availability of the MioMap CE upgrades will be announced on the frontpage" so maybe they're just a bit back-to-front with how they go about updating their pages.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: