Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new xda2i and tomtom 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new xda2i and tomtom 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nibber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: new xda2i and tomtom 5 Reply with quote

Hi all,
i have just upgraded to an O2 Xda2i (last saturday), i have also just bought tomtom navigator 5 (bluetooth),i had some problems with the gprs setup on the phone itself i so returned to the O2 shop i bought it from,the salesman in the O2 shop said there are compatability problems with the Xda2i and the tom tom 5 bluetooth receiver and suggested that i swap it for the Xda2s model,I would have thought they would both have the same firmware in the phone itself? the actual tomtom itself seems to work okay but does take a long time for the receiver to initially find the sats,i also signed up for the tomtom weather info but can never retrieve it as when the phone tries to connect it just says cannot connect to server,i also had this when trying to activate the tomtom software initially so had to do this from my pc at home, thats why i got O2 to check the gprs settings. they say it is ok.is this a common problem?what i basically need to know is do you recommend swapping it for the Xda2S,i thought the Xda2i is the newer model and i prefer the look of the xda2i,the only other thing i cannot find in the phone is the GPRS monitor which is supposed to be in =start=programs=GPRS monitor,i cannot find it anywhere on the phone,(nor could the guy in the O2 shop),maybe i should get a refund (still in my 14 day return time)and wait for the Xda Exec due out next month? Crying or Very sad regards nibber.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the phone back to the shop ASAP and swap it for the XDAIIs, this is the newer unit and features quad band, there is little other difference - except the operating system loaded on the phone. I had trouble with my IIs unit at first but nothing as bad as reported with the IIi units. Most of my problems were around the stupid O2 interface they load up as default which wreak havoc with the stability of the unit - easy to get rid of, detailed many times on the forum, as for the GPRS traffic monitor - its on the CD along with true fax, zip, and some other utility which I can't remember, or thats what the IIs comes with. I would go back and swap it for the IIs and then upgrade the TT to vs5,1 if you havn't done that all ready - Mike
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to put the xda2i in to flight mode by tapping the signal bar the a bubble will appear saying turn flight mode on tap this give it 5 seconds then do the same again and selecting turn off flight mode you should then be able to connect to gprs this is a common fault on the xda2i which the rom upgrade hasnt fixed for bluetooth upgrade to 5.01 and then use other wierd gps and com 6 or tomtom bt gps

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in flight mode you cant use the phone, so I don't accept that as a fix for a unit whos primary fuction is a phone - It should do both phone and sat nav - the IIs does after some messing around - but then PDA phones are relatively new - Mike
nibber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,
Laughing thanks for the replies i am going to return it tomorrow and get a refund and wait for the new Xda Exec due next month.regards n.m.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does doboth putting the phone to flight mode is only need after talking a call to reconnect the gprs connection it will do both satnav and pda

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: