Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A couple of questions which i hope someone can help with?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple of questions which i hope someone can help with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: A couple of questions which i hope someone can help with? Reply with quote

Hi all

My testing of my sysonchip compact flash has not been as great as first thought? It appears that i am suffering a little lag with the system eg i'm not getting map updates or speech until i'm right on or past the turning.....which is a real pain in .....?

Can anyone tell me what factors will introduce lag? For example i dont have much free space on my SD card. Will this have any influence? I have a 3rd party task switcher running again will this make much difference? I'm running checkpoint also. I'm looking for POI every 1 seconds.
What about running on battery (as i've not yet purchased an in car power adapter until i'm happy the system is working OK)?

I have tried the system running the generic NMEA 4800 drivers in TomTom3, I have tried the sysonchip compact flash nmea drivers, i have tried the generic sirf drivers all with the same results being a small amount of lag, maybe a couple of seconds and enough to be irritating?

Any ideas or remedies please?

Also what is the difference between NMEA and Sirf??

Just for the record the system is a acer N10 with a sysonchip compact flash receiver running tomtom3, checkpoint & Vbar with 128meg SD card. I'm getting great satelite fixes usually 7 on average and in some case as many as 10 which seems awfully good (i'm not experienced with GPS so this might not be as good as i think?).

I have done an awful thing and re-posted this in the advanced GPS forum. Sorry if this is not the right way to do things but i'm getting no response in the beginers GPS forum? Therefore i'm guessing that's because people trully dont have an answer or the topic maybe of an advanced nature?

any ideas?

Cheers
Darren
7andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...try disabling all your other processes, just leave the SatNav running, and try temporarily dumping some stuff off your Card to your PC to make a little more room - see if it makes any difference.

Cheers, 7&Y
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have avail a differnet SD card to try - the problem sounds like a slow card, get a good quality high speed card - some one at work might have a different card you could try for no cost to prove the point before you spen hard earned cash, but they don't cost too much these days anyway - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: