Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PC Interface
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianhom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PC Interface Reply with quote

I am really struggling to get my GPS315 to talk to my PC and would appreciate any help you can give.

Using EasyGPS, I have followed all the setup instructions. When I test the serial port it tells me that it has found the port and no other devices appear to be using it, but when it tries to detect the GPS it comes up with an error 23 - unexpected data.

Has anybody had this error before?

Cheers

Ian
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PC Interface Reply with quote

I haven't used EasyGPS but it should work. The only thing I would say is, is it a genuine serial port ? You're not using a USB to Serial converter ?

One thing you can do is step down the data at which the serial port works with. I'm not sure if it would be necessary to do this.

Have you tried any other programs ?

Have you tried using Terminal / HyperTerminal ? You should be able to connect under this and see if you're getting data back (although this isn't something I've tried before).
Snoopypood
Occasional Visitor

Pay attention to your baud rate. When I access EasyGPS I must set the baud rate on my Magellan to 115,200 othewise there is no communication between the GPS and the computer.
ianhom
Occasional Visitor

Okay, it's time for me to admit I had my stupid head on last night! My only excuse is that I had had a hard day.

I took the GPS in to work this morning to try it on my machine there, in case it was a conflict on my home machine. I had the same problem initially, but once I noticed that the mini-jack half way along the interface cable wasn't pushed home properly it all worked fine (doh).

Thanks for your help.

Ian (can't find an embarassed smilie)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Magellan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: