Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v5.0.1.48 UK Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v5.0.1.48 UK Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:x I got so bored with trying to get everything working, I reinstalled the original .cab file from my CD and reloaded Roger on the TTS, now everything is working just fine....who needs the upgrades anyway! Question

Out of here

Lost in the Green Lanes of Surrey
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw7 wrote:
... However, he no longer bothers to warn me of pending speed cameras ... it's important that I get this back - what do I need to do ?

What position do you have the POI alert slider set to? If it's all the way to the left you will get no alerts (and that's where it goes back to everytime you use the options menu).

Move it one notch from the left and they should be working. I get them 100% of the time now with version .48 Smile
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that top tip Bigwig. I've moved the slider one notch over but I can't stop myself going back into Options to see if it's still there, which of course, it isn't. Laughing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the far left and far right options work on the slider. This is down to design, due to trying to encompass a sliding scale in being notified of larger amounts of POI's, this slowed down the application, so it's been reduced to ON/OFF.

Having the slide on On Route works very well for me on PPC and SmartPhone.
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave does this mean having the slider in between the far left or right makes no difference
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only On Route or Near Route is being used, so anything in-between will either not make a difference or just won't work.

This will be changed at some point to a better ON/OFF type feature I believe.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the way it works for me. The far left hardly picks up anything, one notch up picks up most of them, and two notches up picks them up on parallel and intersecting roads. I think that you have a bug in the fix that's supposed to convert it to two positions. Probably the same bug that shifts it left a notch on each saving.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, next time you drive the journey, and reach your destination, wait about 30 secs and then exit CoPilot using the Exit button in the menu.

Can you then email me the TRP file for that date and give me the start and destination addresses and I'll hopefully be able to duplicate this and be able to see what's happening.

AFAIK the later versions only work on two positions, but it could be to do with the amount of POI's and the coverage area around the roads you are driving.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Can you then email me the TRP file ...
Thanks Dave, will do. However, do you want me to run with one notch up (my normal setting), or far left, or far right? Also, I'm currently running 5.0.1.48. Is version 5.0.1.61 any different?

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
BMW 330ci Sport
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a journey you do on a daily basis, or several times a week, if you could try it with far left and one notch up and two notches up and send me the TRP files for each day.

I'd also like your usertrip.dat and if you've saved the journey as a SAVED TRIP the relevant named .TRP file also as this has particular settings in derived from usertrip.dat and will help me investigate further.

If you send it to ukcustservice@alk.com but mark it for my attention in the SUBJECT line and I'll pick it up. That way you can also track the update also.

Re .61, I'd strongly advise not using this. It encompasses the same patches that .48 does and you can see this by going to http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=53&p_created=1118236733 and comparing the new features/fixes, but the US version has other enhancements for US based routing so running .61 could give you adverse effects. I'd strongly suggest anyone using US patches to de-install and run the European compiled patches.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
... send me the TRP files for each day ...

If you send it to ukcustservice@alk.com but mark it for my attention in the SUBJECT line and I'll pick it up. That way you can also track the update also.

Dave, as I posted on another thread, I found the reason for missing some speed cameras was actually down to me editing the camera names to shorter, non-unique names (e.g. 'GATSO' or 'GATSO AT 40'). If multiple cameras occur in succession with the same names, it only selects and reports one of them. Since I can avoid creating duplicates, I don't see that as a major bug. I couldn't say which notches of the slider I have tried with which set of camera names, so my recollections of more than two working positions may have been inaccurate.

I've also been having problems with my Rikaline 6030 Bluetooth GPS acquiring a fix and, as of today, I've replaced it with a Globalsat BT-338 unit. I will try this out for a few days to see whether my problems have gone away, and let you know if they haven't.

Thanks for your interest, and I for one still think that CoPilot is a perfectly usable product with great potential.

And just one more thing to fit into your busy schedule, Dave. Unless the .48 patch has been updated on the UK site, I think that it would be helpful if you added the instructions there as to how to edit the language.cfg file. Not everybody reads this forum, and I don't think that there is even a relevant sticky on this site.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
BMW 330ci Sport
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian, that's good to know. We will be increasing the FAQ's over the next few weeks. To start with we wanted to keep the FAQ's available for basic users but we will introduce editing of some of the CFG's as ultimately if we can reduce calls or emails to the Support Center then it's got to be advantageous to us at the end of the day.
lavenham14
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: .48 upgrade and language.cfg Reply with quote

I have finally managed to give Roger his voice back, thanks to this forum. I do think that some info on the upgrade site about the cfg files would be useful. I am fairly computer literate so was able to manipulate my old configuration and over write the new file but some one who just follows the instructions on the download site will have problems. Confused
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the information on the web site, but only as a temporary measure, the problem should be fixed.

I have looked at the contents of the copilot.arm2003.cab file downloaded from the UK support area of the ALK website, and it appears to contain the US version of the language file. If this is the case, surely it would not be too difficult to replace it with the correct version of the file.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I contacted ALK with my observations about v5.0.1.48, and got a reply back very quickly (very impressed). They provided me with a link to download the 'UK' file - I think they must have thought that I had downloaded it from the US site (not sure how - US site file is v5.0.1.61)
But just to make sure, I downloaded using the link they thoughtfully provided, but the language file in copilot.arm2003.cab still pointed to a non-existent directory, and says 'US English'
Currently awaiting reply from ALK.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: