Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is pocket PC GPS good enough for LGV navigation?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is pocket PC GPS good enough for LGV navigation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: LGV and TT3 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have used TT3 driving trucks for the past six months, I have found, you need to keep your wits about you. I always check my map most of our trucks are under 14 feet so height is not usually a problem.

There are occasions where TT3 does not have new roads etc, so you have to go back to basics, but then my street maps are so old now they are virtually useless.

A good feature of TT3 is map mode, it's just an electronic street map and an excellent tool for browsing for an alternative route.

I hope this helps.

Anyone delivering to JD Wetherspoon pubs? I have a good POI file....
slipknot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if this'll be any help guys, but i have a Navman ICN 610... complete with speed camera blagger databases installed....

It works fine most of the time... just have to use some common sense... particularly if you have an artic......

it is very easy to rely totally on what the thing says.... and remember, if you can follow the route, it will get you there......

re-routing is by and large excellent... but i reckon most truck drivers should know roughly where they are going anyway... to me its an aid to help make life easier but......

did a multi drop in Brum the other day and it was excellent. 5 drops... 5 perfect routes.

Dont forget you dont have to do what it suggests..........

I'd like to see more options for routing but then i guess the pricing would be astronomical.. so i guess i'll accept it for what it is..... and i'd rate its routing as follows

car 100%

rigid truck 95%

artic 85%

just my opinion tho :P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: