Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Empty Roads Equal Racetracks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Empty Roads Equal Racetracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Empty Roads Equal Racetracks Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Source

Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

Northamptonshire's police chief has said that some motorists are taking advantage of the current virus lockdown to use the much quieter roads as racetracks.

He warned speeding drivers that the county's mobile speed cameras will still be in operation.

Chief Constable Nick Adderley commented: "With the roads being clearer due to the Government's restrictions, some feel this is licence to use them like a race track. Northamptonshire Police will still deploy its camera safety vehicles and will still robustly enforce the Road Traffic Act."

He added: "Slow down and do not add to the NHS demand."
email icon

marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still been travelling up and down the country and I haven't noticed more people excessively speeding. If anything, people are driving slower as it is so much more relaxed out there now and there is no pressure to "arrive on time" at the moment. There have always been the ars*s that like to think og the motorway system as their own personal Silverstone, but maybe they are just standing out more on the emptier roads?
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksfish wrote:
I've still been travelling up and down the country and I haven't noticed more people excessively speeding. If anything, people are driving slower as it is so much more relaxed out there now and there is no pressure to "arrive on time" at the moment. There have always been the ars*s that like to think og the motorway system as their own personal Silverstone, but maybe they are just standing out more on the emptier roads?

They seem to be using the smaller roads around here. Some truly ridiculous speeds and reckless overtaking.
Graculus
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelled on the M25 yesterday J10-21a and back (yes, it was "essential travel" Smile). Very few people speeding. Not surprising in a way because it's festooned with speed cameras. And there were very few private cars anyway. Most of the traffic was lorries, trucks and vans (not that White Van Man would ever speed!).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graculus wrote:
(not that White Van Man would ever speed!).

Well at least I wouldn't - not now, because I'm in lockdown and the only time I did, I was "Motorway awareness" coursed for doing 71 on the M25, when I didn't notice the overhead signs had changed to 60 (because with CamerAlert in such a state - GRRR - I don't drive with it running all the time).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: