Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie... HP 2210 options and questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie... HP 2210 options and questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuppe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Newbie... HP 2210 options and questions Reply with quote

Hi

I have just bought a 2210 and am looking to buy GPS receiver and software. I've read the reviews but would really appreciate help on which to choose! The problem is that once you read enough posts and reviews they start to contradict each other....

I want routemapping software and for in car use. I have thought about a CF receiver but want to mount it on the central console and not the dash so wonder about reception with it there.

Software wise I would like to be able to download the POI's and speed camera database etc. Traffic management and rerouting would be good but not essential as I'd like to keep the price down as much as possible.

Thanks,

T
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of options. I've got a 2210 and went for a bluetooth receiver (Tomtom), that I have way over on the left hand side of my car. This connects to the IPAQ via bluetooth. I am using Tomtom version 3 as my routing software. This setup seems quite popular for IPAQ 2210 users. You can always get an alternative GPS receiver (bluetooth or wired). With bluetooth, you can stick the recevier in your pocket and wander around. If you are just using in the car then wired my be a better option.

I also went for the Tomtom car mounting kit, but there seem to be others which are also quite good. Some have built in speakers to improve the sound volume from the IPAQ, but I wanted a mount which would charge bot the bluetooth recevier and my IPAQ if necessary.
grimbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: 2210 & TTN3 Reply with quote

I too have 2210, TTN3 and TTBT(sometimes).

I also use a Road Angel as the GPS receiver. (mostly)

Had the system for 4 months and overall I have been very happy. I have suffered a few of the problems others have i.e TTBT receiver died (changed under warranty) and various set up/config problems (nearly all solved with the help of this forum).

Like you said, if you take all the posts literally you'll never buy anything.

Once you've made your mind up and bought the system and if you do hit problems this forum is an excellent place to find help.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie... HP 2210 options and questions Reply with quote

Tuppe wrote:
I want routemapping software and for in car use. I have thought about a CF receiver but want to mount it on the central console and not the dash so wonder about reception with it there.

Software wise I would like to be able to download the POI's and speed camera database etc. Traffic management and rerouting would be good but not essential as I'd like to keep the price down as much as possible.

Forget CF, you will have reception issues in car unless it's mounted high on the dash with a good sky view. Go for a good GPS Mouse or BT Receiver.

If you want custom POIs and Safety Cameras then TomTom is the only option (and a very good one). Oh and a godd mount is essential too Thumbs Up
Tuppe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help.

Have decided to go with TT3 bluetooth and have also ordered a 256Mb
SD card for the data and applications.

Just need to decide on which car mount to go with now!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: