Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood-Garmin GVN60 .gpx and or .vcf ? + Extension Lead?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood-Garmin GVN60 .gpx and or .vcf ? + Extension Lead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Kenwood-Garmin GVN60 .gpx and or .vcf ? + Extension Lead? Reply with quote

My wife has just purchased a new Skoda Fabia that had a Bolero Radio system installed, she needed satnav so the dealer fitted the Kenwood-Garmin GVN60 unit.
I have downloaded the Garmin POILoader but not installed it yet as I want to find out a few things first.
I have an Octavia that accepts .vcf POI's and can add these to the Amundsen SatNav easily. According to Garmin - less than very helpful - Technical help it will only accept .gpx POI's, however I have read that it will also accept the .vcf POI's without problems. True?

One problem we have come across is that the 'base unit' is hidden in the cars center console, this of course means the SD card slot is no longer accessible!
I am awaiting a return call from the dealers who spent 2 hours installing it whether they will spend another 2 hours accessing it in order to plug in a SB to SB extension lead so I can add my POI's using the lead, as without it I will not be able to do anything with the unit, POI's or map updates etc.
Anyone with knowledge of the unit and using an extension lead, any problems?

Thanks for any thoughts.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen's CSV to GPX converter will turn the PGPSW csv into a lovely GPX files for you as well as do a load of other wondrous things.

If it uses the Garmin POILoader, that will also take CSV files and load them as GPIs
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, I subscribed to the PGPSW camera database for years using my old TT730, then came built in satnav that it seemed I could not install the Speed database. There were pages of can I, How do I, on the VW/Audi/Skoda car forums. In the end I gave up even looking.

I have not read all the posts on the link you have kindly supplied as there are many, but it would seem that this program may indeed allow the PGPSW camera data to be installed. Where would best to ask if this database and the converter program advised would allow camera installation on the Kenwood-Garmin GVN60 as in my Wife's Fabia and/or also work in my Skoda Octavia with an Amundsen MIB1 SatNav unit?

Should say I am not very knowledgeable on this subject so keeping things simple to grasp would help me a lot!

Once I get the dealer to sort the installation and give me the chance to access the SD card socket with an extension cable, I can start to play a bit. If I know a little about what I'm doing that would be an advantage. Very Happy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about Kremmen's CSV to GPX converter, the download to the latest version is in post #1 [https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91951] HERE[/url]
There are comprehensive help files within the download and all the voice/icon files that you need.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: