Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom App 1.26 for iOS - Do not install!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom App 1.26 for iOS - Do not install!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: TomTom App 1.26 for iOS - Do not install!! Reply with quote

TomTom have managed to cock up the latest update to the iOS app, in the process removing the ability to navigate to a postcode.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphoneipad-29/tomtom-western-europe-iphone-postcode-option-missing-1015925/index3.html

Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with the Western Europe map causing this. Please, post here if you're experiencing this with any other map so that we can check it.

The team is on top of this. I'll keep you posted about the fix as soon as I learn more.

Cheers, Mikko

That was 4 days ago![/i]
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.26.1 released, it says it updates map but that was updated previously so presumably this is a fix for the problem you pointed out.

This is the old version of the app. Version 1.4 for the newer GO app is fine
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.26 removed the option to navigate to a post code on both of my TomTom apps (UK & Ireland, and Europe).

I downloaded version 1.26.1 (both apps) and the option to navigate to a post code appears to be working again for both apps.

Glad to see that TomTom tests! Rolling Eyes
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the thread on their own forum an error in 1.26 meant that it removed postcode search. 1.26.1 was an update to fix that.

Interesting to read the comments about how crap people think the TomTom GO mobile app for iPhone is.

TomTom initially commented that a fix was "being worked on" but with no timescale.
As the complaint comments piled up they seemed to detect the unhappiness with the situation and adopt a sense of urgency!

My tweet to "the boss" seemed to finally get them moving.

@CorinneVigreux

@dobtastic apologies for the inconvenience fix is coming

21/12/2016 21:14
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me wonder how their software monkeys can accidentally remove Post Code search? And if it was done on purpose, why have they re introduced it, when TT knows best with other handy things they used to do like third party speedcams and the rest of the plethora of stuff that they have removed despite user protestation.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
Interesting to read the comments about how crap people think the TomTom GO mobile app for iPhone is.

The GO Mobile app was released around April 2016, that's currently 8 months ago. In that time there have been 3 updates and the current app is still very much a beta product. This is despite a number of people requesting functionality. The time span and lack of apparent progress is ridiculous and shows TomTom's utter contempt for its customers. Especially when the old TomTom app for many countries and/or regions has been removed from the app store.

adobbing wrote:
My tweet to "the boss" seemed to finally get them moving.

@CorinneVigreux

That might be where I'm failing as email doesn't work. Trouble is that I dont do either Twitter or Facebook. Thumbs Up

M8TJT wrote:
It makes me wonder how their software monkeys can accidentally remove Post Code search?

The way that TomTom doesn't listen to its customers makes me think that the removal of post code search was deliberate instead of an accident. There would be the coders, change control processes, the internal testers, the external beta testing. I really can't believe that nobody flagged up the post code problem before the app was released to the paying customers.

The only other way would actually be accidental so if it is the case that TomTom doesn't have decent: coders; change control processes; internal testers; and external beta testing then the TomTom Autonomous Driving project needs to be cancelled today for safety reasons.

The reason that I won't buy anything branded as TomTom is purely because I don't trust the TomTom brand anymore.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: