Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom update breaks its own camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom update breaks its own camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: TomTom update breaks its own camera alerts Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
A major oops from TomTom with news that an application update has broken its own speed camera alert function.

We've had a number of users report the loss of speed camera warnings following installation of software version v16.1. TomTom have acknowledged the issue in a post on their forum and suggested a reset can resolve this in some cases but a full fix will require another software update.

There is currently no ETA on when a fix will be available.

Source: tomtom.com

email icon

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful - at last I'll stop getting those TomTom warnings for the specs zone which was removed from pgpsw database weeks ago! Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
bmwpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: How a Failing Business Model Insults Its remaining Customers Reply with quote

You would think that a company whose business model is on its last legs would be doing everything it could to retain its customers. Apparently not TomTom. They screw up their own software rendering functions unusable and then say "Well we don't know if we are going to bother to fix it until we have a update you can pay for or maybe just not worry about it at all." Yup, they will be gone within 12 months. When you main source of capital is reselling returned and "refurbed" units versus new units (as is TomToms if you read their last statement to large stockholders and the analysis that followed) you know the doors are about to close.
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistake!
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely confused by this issue. I naively assumed that all of the new NAV4 devices would have the same software, but this can't be the case. I have a newish 5100 and have kept the device up to date on an almost daily basis and I have had no real technical issues except the 1min47sec issues that I cured by only downloading one update at a time.

Yes I know that I can't add 3rd party POIs, but I knew that when I bought it, but to date I have never had the device not function nor has it yet to fail to provide warnings for traffic cameras or live traffic issues. Yes I know the database isn't as up to date as PGPSW, but it does work. I rune them side by side and as long as some kind person has notified the presence of a mobile speed camera then I get an accurate warning of the ones that day.

It would be interesting to know why some devices have problems and not others. Is it regional or national location perhaps?

Alan
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working round the clock? What a load of blx. Surely they have a copy of the previous S/W version that they could release to get the cams working again. Or at least, the last speedcam S/W module to patch into the new build.
What a load of tossers TT are. I wonder if this is just another yet another feature that they are dropping along with the myriad of others over the last few years. Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT forum is "interesting".

There are TT staff participating, BUT whenever anything gets sticky, they don't comment. When they DO comment it's usually to advise users to contact support. They frequently seem to fall back on the comment that it's a discussion forum for users, not TT support, so contact TT support.

Sad, really, but they will never let themselves be held accountable. It's outrageous that they provide a forum but don't give official responses or help.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
M8TJT however at last TT have redeemed themselves from the situation.
Only if they have actually fixed the problem Very Happy
thebungalow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: its fixed Reply with quote

In case anybody has not seen it yet they (TOMTOM) seem to have done a fix - I just updated my start 50 and the following message was shown before I ran the update for ver 16.102

issue resolved: Navigation not starting

issue resolved: speed camera alerts not displaying properly

please install this software update to fix the issue

Although I have updated the software I have not actually tried it on the road yet though !!!!!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: