Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I have been away working and am just about to go away again for another fortnight, so the definitive list I am going to compile / analyse of all your replies is still at least 2 weeks away, sorry.

But as a side note, I have been playing at trying to resolve these lockup issues and so far have been sucessful, this could just be a fluke, but I can't get my setup to lockup at all now ! (I'm sure I'm going to be saying famous last words soon Smile ).

OK, here's what I did:

Firstly, PDA = Toshiba E750 BT
OS= Pocket PC 2003
Nav = TT3.03 BT with the TT Bluetooth unit.

This unit failed on me a few weeks back and TT replaced it, the new unit seems more sensitive to GPS signals as I now on average get 2 more sat fixes than previously, and it works indoors up to a point where the old unit would not !. Time to first aquisition is considerably faster as well, so the following results could just be as a result of the new BT GPS receiver from TT.

What I have done is use the utility Storage tools to format my card to FAT32 , sector size 512 Bytes with a cluster size of 1KB, Backup FAT set to YES, then put all the maps onto this card.
I use Checpoint 3.2 which stores it's data on this card as well.

Since this format I have not had one single lockup even switching the PDA off with TT still running does not cause any issues when I resume.

Like I said, it may just be co incidence, but it certainly won't hurt to try.

Post feedback if you try this.

Thanks.

Chocki.
tomstacey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: I get lock-ups too Reply with quote

I get lockups about every 15mins, I know when its locked up as the distance to next instruction turns to my speed in MPH (as if i have turned route guidance off)... The only way to get the system working again is a soft reset Sad

Its annoying the hell out of me! I would try a CF card as I have a PCMCIA jacket and CF adapter, but the iPaq won't fit in the cradle with the jacket on!

My Set-up:

iPaq 3870 rom 2.20
Navman BT GPS 4400
TomTom 3.03 / GPS 3.0.3
UK map installed
POI on
Crucial SD 256mb
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no lockups for me - solid connection all the time

2210 rom 1.10 (with all hp updates) ttn3.03 checkpoint 2.0 gb & mre on I-O data 256mb sd card (made in Japan) french map on crucial 256mb cf card (both normal speed and not reformatted).

(Note: I had big problems with a new sandisk 256mb ultra sd card - replaced by sandisk and now sold).

gps unit is haicom 303e cf in bt slipper.

cheers

Ian
wheream1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only had my setup for 8 days and not one trip has gone without the thing locking up every 2 mins, :x

i have tomtom v3.03 with tomtom gps 3.03(tried without the tomtom gps too) and a fortuna b/t receiver which is already flashed to xtrac v2, i also have a kingston 512mb sd card (made in japan) and my ipaq 2210 romv1.10 .

This is my second package i got rid of the first after a few days thinking it was faulty but this one is the same, averything is factory brand new not refurbished my first package had everything same except it was global sat b/t 308 receiver and 128 mb kingston sd card.
tomstacey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: no lock-ups now Reply with quote

Turned POI off and no lock ups whatsoever in a 200mile round trip... I wonder why it doesn't like my POI file? I have no add-on POI's installed..
tomstacey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! It locked up today with POI off. Sad

Next thing would be to try another SD card I think.
rawman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Toshiba e740 Reply with quote

lockups mainly every 15 to 20 mins

using a Toshiba e740
with a belkin bluetooth card (compact flash)
and a toshiba 512 mb sd card

also have a 128 card not sure of the make tho

would use a compact flash card for maps if i had a sd bluetooth card and knew that it would solve the problem not sure where u can get a sd bluetooth card and how much?

lockups with points of intrest and without

try smaller maps but still lockups and also have formated my card in various ways but still lock ups all the same

part from this annoying problem i think tom tom is a very clever product

if only someone can help me be very gratful
thanks
Russell
eDsuB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did experience lockups (using Kingston 256MB SD on T-Mobile MDAII).
The lockups were caused by the LOOOOOOOWWWWW speed of the SD.
With the maps and the poi on the sd i get a tomtom lockup (freeze) when I activate poi.
With maps & poi in main memory: NO problems
With maps & poi on SD: As long as poi are off NO problems

The lockup ony had to do with TomTom, NOT Bluetooth or the GPS
When I started GPS only: NO problems

The probkem gets worse when you increase driving speed significantly: The SD cant provide faster data feed

T-Mobile MDA Vario IV
TTN7 / iGo8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: