Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey: TTN3, Do you get BT lockups and your flash card.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPAQ 3870, Kingston 512MB SD, WM2003, TTT 3.04, Socket BT GPS. No lock-ups. Can play MP3s at same time, with BT GPRS connection active.
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My set up, see below, worked flawlessly since the install 4 weeks ago, Used it daily, many trips, navigating to locations set in favourites.

Then....then 2 lockups in 2 days. No obvious reason, the only consistant was it was that it was navigating to HOME. Also no POI's were in use on either trip.

By lockups I mean, BT position not updating on the navigator screen.

Only way i found to correct this was a soft reset. Then worked very well.
SatMap
DWhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Lockups Reply with quote

Right have a look atr my previous post above.

Still had issues with lock ups. Turned checkpoint off but stilll locked up. Treid hiding POI nad had no lock up at all for a 2 hour journey.

Now think that it is issue with the POI checkpoint or POI in general. Its as iff a memory buffer is filling up and then locks the system up.

ANy thoughts>?
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always seems to happen to me as you get close to one of those green arrow thingamejigs on the routes.

Mike
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I'm running CheckPOInt as well, with the a whole bunch of POIs turned on.
Chocki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's begining to look like it may well be an issue with reading data from the SD, as checkpoint also stores all it's data on the SD and there is no way to change this. If anyone knows how to fudge checkpoint to get it's data from another location then please post.

TT3 must really be hitting the SD card hard and if anything else tries to access the card, TT3 falls over.

CF's seem to be able to handle access better.
EvilHomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom 3 Bluetooth.

Using a IPAQ 3950 with BT CF card in an expansion jacket.

Lots of problems with lockups (every 9 mins) using a 64MB sanDisk SD card so swapped to a 256MB PEAK SD card (made sure its not manufactured by sanDisk) but problem persisted.

Next did a hard reset of the 3950 and reinstalled the BT drivers and TTN3 and GPS 3.03 and a 16MB regional map into the devices main memory. Still locks up but now every 15 mins. Cant be a SD card issue anymore as its not being used.

Wish TT would sort out this issue as it's a great product spoilt by having to reset the GPS/BT link every 15 mins, can be a bit dangerous at times to when trying to do this on the move in busy traffic Twisted Evil .
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just locking up cold, or is it just that you have to re-establish the BT link ?

If the latter, then this is usually a problem when you're low on memory, OR when you have TTN3 installed to an SD card on some Pocket PC's. Installing to a CF card can sometimes resolve this, but also making sure that before you run TTN3 you have around 15mb free in Program Memory.

If it's a cold lockup, there have been a number of issues reported to TomTom namely with POI's. Try disabling POI's and see if this resolves the problem. If you have uninstalled the TomTom ~ GPS driver then this may be causing adverse effects, the TomTom ~ GPS driver mainly fixes/patches BT issues, so if you have un-installed it, try re-installing it and see if that helps.
EvilHomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens is that the display refresh stops, I go into GPS Status/GPS tab press the Tick (upper left) wait a second then press it again to re-establish the BT link. Everything is then OK for another 9 mins when I have to repeat the process.

TTN3, GPS and the small 16MB map are all in the devices main memory, no CF or SD cards in use, I've made sure that at least 20MB of program memory are free and the problem still occurs, I've tried disabling POI's but it makes no difference. I've also disabled the IR on the device as someone said it can interupt the serial stack in strong sunlight.

Any other advice greatly appreciated. Thumbs Up
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say when you did a hard reset, you had to reinstall Bluetooth Drivers ? Which ones were these ? I have heard of a similar problem and it was mainly down to people trying to load different Bluetooth Drivers onto a Pocket PC. Can't remember if it was old drivers, or newer drivers that were the issue.
EvilHomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CF BT card (model CFBT02-N from Billionton) came with a CD with an install for PocketPC 2003.
DWhite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to let u all know i went out and bought a kingston CF card (£30) and now i have no more lock ups.......just need to download some MP3 for the now redundant SD card. Thumbs Up
Andy_Webster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed it too, I bought an SD card from Kingmax that has a 10MB/s access speed and the system now works as it should do. At last!
Clarkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same lock up problem as soon as I loaded TTN3. If I had POI enabled it would lock up every 5 mins, without POI it was OK.

So I removed the 256MB Integral SD card (made in Taiwan) and replaced it with the card from my camera, a 256MD Panasonic SD card (made in Japan) At the same time I reformated the card to FAT32, 1K segments, just in case it made any difference (sorry but I just wanted it fixed and couldn't be bothered to try one thing at a time)

Result. After two 30 mile journeys with POI & Checkpoint 2 I have had no problems.

HP2210, Navman 4100 BT GPS, TTN3.
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lockups.

CF 256mb Viking/ttn3.03/gps2.07/2210/Rom 1.10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: