Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BIKEHUD KickStarter Campaign to Fund 2nd Gen HUD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BIKEHUD KickStarter Campaign to Fund 2nd Gen HUD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: BIKEHUD KickStarter Campaign to Fund 2nd Gen HUD Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
We covered the launch of BIKEHUD CLASSIC back in January of this year. Unlike similar solutions from Skully and NUVIZ, BIKEHUD has been on-sale and available to buy for nearly a year.

Now the UK company behind BIKEHUD, BikeSystems, is seeking funding via KickStarter for its second generation system called BIKEHUD ADVENTURE.

BIKEHUD ADVENTURE is a head-up-diplay module that fits into your existing helmet. it is not a custom helmet so you can move this between helmets if you upgrade to a newer lid. It has a wireless display module that displays speed, GPS nav data etc and interfaces with a smartphone.

BIKEHUD ADVENTURE PLUS adds a controller module which is installed on the bike and gives you extra data such as gear position, revs, indicator operation etc. BIKEHUD ADVENTURE VISION adds rear and forward facing bike mounted HD cameras.

Motorcycle helmets are very much a personal preference, because this solution is standalone it means you can choose whichever helmet make or style you prefer, open faced, closed etc and still have the benefits of a HUD system.

Source: kickstarter.com

email icon

TieJustice
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: But at what price Reply with quote

its a very good product, but at what price it will market at would limit its use
For example if it sold for £100 than it would be a good seller but if it sold for £250 then then there may only be the small amount that may get it. But if you got below that £100 mark there would be a lot of interest.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty good thing to poke your eye out in an accident. But obviously the H&S people have decided that it won't?
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very bad place to overtake the lorry - have another look.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tell me why I said that?

Come on guys, test your observation skills!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Don't care.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough M8TJT but I just thought there may be a guy new to biking who might learn something?...and what that rider did was dangerous.

I do care about road safety and after 50 years of riding a bike I recently updated my copy of the police rider's handbook 'Motorcycle Roadcraft' - I'm still interested if I can improve my riding skills further.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only watched the video the once, butI wouldn't have done the overtake where he did. OK, I know the camera view is limited and maybe the rider hada better view.

The productr looks pretty nifty though, would want to test drive it before buying.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 253, but the rider had a view of something before he started the overtake which should have told him not to.

I see you ride a Tbird - I sat on one at the NEC show just before the launch and what a great job Triumph have done.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably the junction sign and maybe the Slow sign?
Otherwise, I give in.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snudge,

My TBird is4 years old now, one of the1St of the line with the1700 big bore. Super bike, spent loads on chrome bits, heated grips (yes a cruiser with heated grips). Heavy beast, but love it. I don't like the new ones with white wall Tyres and the big wrap around American style mud guards.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Presumably the junction sign and maybe the Slow sign?

Yes, definitely the left turn junction sign and if you look at the pic below when he commits to the overtake and is accelerating, the junction is hidden by the lorry cab.
At this point the lorry is about 90yds from the junction so a vehicle could leave the junction to turn right in front of the lorry and meet the bike head-on.
As the bike gets alongside the lorry, the rider does have a view of the junction but should not assume the other driver has seen him.
The bike speed was 45mph as it approached the lorry and was gaining so I've assumed the lorry speed as 45mph max and using the timing of the video the distance to the junction can be calculated.
Apart from that, I do think the HUD is a great bit of kit but you do make a good point about it poking your eye out - I guess it relies on the visor not breaking?

253 - I think Triumph were disappointed with sales of Rocket3 in the US but the new TBird has been a success. It's great value compared to HD.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: