Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom's appalling support or lack of it !!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom's appalling support or lack of it !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cccfood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: TomTom's appalling support or lack of it !!! Reply with quote

I've been a TomTom customer for nearly two years. Every time I try to get a question answered the response is ridiculously slow and usually they don't answer the question properly - another wait.

Take my advice and check out the support or the type of support the company is going to give. Support is the key to a good product. Recently I purchased a fantastic 4100 Navman GPS Bluetooth unit and had to telephone Navman. Fantastic, firstly they actually answer the telephone, secondly they are really helpful and thirdly within minutes my problem was solved and I was happy.

Tom Tom just forget it - their support is non-existant and is getting worse and worse - recently I had to telephone Holland - their HQ - because the UK telephone support number wasn't taking any calls - how pathetic.

Come on Tom Tom wake up before we all go to other providers that do care about their customers.

Charles Pedrick - M.D. CCC Food Group
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I agree entirely. My experience of TomTom support mirrors yours. ALK (CoPilot) is just as bad.

I think a Forum topic along the lines of the existing 'Retailers to Buy from and Avoid' entitled something like 'Customer Support - Who's Good and Who's Bad' would perhaps encourage some of the worst Companies to improve and give the good Companies the credit they deserve.

Ted
smudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Tomtom today via email and received an answer within the hour....This is the first time I've had any direct contact with them, so I was pretty impressed :D
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smudge

Was that a 'proper' reply or an automataed response?

As it happens I sent them an email last week and got a 'proper' reply within hours, which is a masive improvement. Maybe at last they have decided to address their terrible customer support reputation.......?

Ted
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had reason to contact alk, first by email, I am still awaiting acknowledgement let alone reply. second by phone they answered in person within 10 rings and solved my problem over the phone.
FWIW I think customer support should be priority, after all a satisfied customer is the one who returns and tells their friends, eg. more customers. more business
col
smudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedkay wrote:
Hi Smudge

Was that a 'proper' reply or an automataed response?

Ted

Hi Ted....

Please could you explain what you meant by this comment !!!

We spend a lot of our life complaining when things go wrong (and rightly so)....So I thought it would make a pleasant change to congratulate a company for good service...

Mike.
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some e-mail services are set up to respond automagically with a "we got your e-mail, a real live person will look at it sometime in the near future" e-mail. I assume Ted was asking if their response was an actual answer to your query or simply a recognition that you'd sent them an e-mail. The automated response allows the company to kid themselves that they have responded to your query within x hours but is actually of no help to anyone.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSecret

Exactement!

Ted
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time i called Tom Tom i spoke to fellow Scot who informed me that there where a few new starts including him to help with the phone. Things can only get better :-)
smudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Ted ....I thought you were having a pop at me Embarassed

I received an auto answer immediately followed by a personal one about half an hour later..

I hope the clarifies the situation..

Mike.
smudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smudge wrote:
Sorry Ted ....I thought you were having a pop at me Embarassed

I received an auto answer immediately followed by a personal one about half an hour later..

I hope that clarifies the situation..

Mike.

Spelling correction...is there a way to correct the spelling once you have posted to the forum ? ( i know it can be done on other forums)
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smudge,

There's an on going story behind the "can I edit my posts" question. But to cut a long story short, no you can't at the moment.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smudge wrote:
I contacted Tomtom today via email and received an answer within the hour....This is the first time I've had any direct contact with them, so I was pretty impressed :D

I can agree with this, tomtom support are usually good. One question i do have is, on "My Questions" in support page on TomTom site, how come i have questions sent in by Other members, I've sent the ref numbers with a query to TomTom, but as yet no resonse has been forth-coming.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: