Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A-GPS while roaming.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A-GPS while roaming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: A-GPS while roaming. Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Could someone help me in understanding the contribution made by the 'Assisted' part of A-GPS.

It is my intention to purchase a Lenovo S6000 3G tablet. This tablet has A-GPS but it will not make or take phone calls. So my question is relating to the function of the SIM card in the tablet.

I intend to use this tablet in mainland Europe and as such I will be roaming. I will be using Sygic GPS with all required maps downloaded.

I am wondering if I can just put in a currently unused pre-pay SIM and not worry about any data roaming charges? Or does A-GPS require a fully functional SIM to work and consquently clocking up data roaming charges. Also I am wondering about the extent of the contribution made the Assisted part. In other words if I did not fit a SIM in the tablet will I end up with a sub standard GPS unit?

I have many thousand personal POIs and I was hoping to replace my Navigon 70 stand alone unit with a larger screen tablet.

Thanks for any help/advice received.

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: