Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with a camera location
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with a camera location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Problems with a camera location Reply with quote

Hello

I hope someone will be able to help me.

The following camera is marked as removed - Specs 119074 (55.96203,-3.41277); located between Kirkliston and Dalmeny near Edinburgh (M90) - however, it continues to appear on my Garmin 265, despite:

a) deleting all poi's
b) deleting old camera files and reinstalling new ones
c) writing to MaFt Smile

The camera doesn't show on my iPhone.

Would someone be able to tell me if this camera occurs on their Garmin; and if not, what am I doing wrong that it keeps popping up. Thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ID is actually: 110974

And re part 'c' - my suggestion was to make sure no old files were kicking around on the computer that POI Loader may have been installing at the same time - did you check that?

MaFt
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
The ID is actually: 110974

And re part 'c' - my suggestion was to make sure no old files were kicking around on the computer that POI Loader may have been installing at the same time - did you check that?

MaFt

Sorry for mistyping the camera code and thanks for pointing this out.

Aye. I did check that. Same outcome. I know I'm installing an updated database, as my previous one (months old) didn't have both variable speeds along the M90 between Rosyth and Dunfermline, only one.

It's just that loose specs camera that's annoying me - I certainly seem to have an ocd about that... Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of silly things to try....

If you un-install all the PGPSW POIs you can find from the Garmin, do you STILL get warnings for that one camera?

If you don't, do you have access to a completely different PC where you could download a fresh copy and re-install from there?

If that cures the problem it would seem to point to MaFt's idea being correct.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many GPI files are there on the Garmin in the folder that POILOADER send the speed cameras to?

Once you have deleted the database from the unit can you do a demo route past the camera and see if it still alerts? If so, there's still a copy of an old database on your Garmin. If not, it's an old database file on your PC.
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
How many GPI files are there on the Garmin in the folder that POILOADER send the speed cameras to?

Once you have deleted the database from the unit can you do a demo route past the camera and see if it still alerts? If so, there's still a copy of an old database on your Garmin. If not, it's an old database file on your PC.

Guys, thanks very much for your contributions.

I've deleted the poi from Garmin (I take it there's one place where POI is stored) and the camera doesn't show. Then, I deleted all downloaded databases from my harddrive and uploaded them again. The camera does show then. I've even gone over every single csc file looking for that camera ID.

I've upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 recently and I use sox.exe with the latest version of POI loader downloaded from Garmin's website. There's no trace of the previous copy of Windows - it was a clean install. I also use Garmin GPX converter, though I forgot now why I use it - I vaguely remember it has to do with warnings, though when I was on my way to Aberdeenshire yesterday (from Edinburgh), I didn't get all the warnings for cameras (I drove 60mph but no warnings for cameras 70mph).

The GPI files that are on my Garmin are: pocketgpsworld.gpi, tesco.gpi and sainsburys.gpi.

I'll try tonight again with only one poi file.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing I can think of is that it is a camera from Garmin's own database?

Under the Settings then Proximity Alerts is the option for Cyclops un-ticked?

MaFt
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
The only other thing I can think of is that it is a camera from Garmin's own database?

Under the Settings then Proximity Alerts is the option for Cyclops un-ticked?

MaFt

Yeah. I'm only committed to PocketGPSWorld (not just as a life member - I've successfully contributed again and again since becoming one) but mainly because Cyclops database was totally useless.

Anyway, it's an old Garmin, too - 265T - but sufficient enough for me.

The camera we're talking about is defo yours - it's clearly displayed as Specs plus ID and has the yellow logo from PocketGPS's database. Once I've tested it again, I'll post a screenshot, too.

Thanks!
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem seems to have sorted out itself. I no longer seem to have that camera and I suspect this is due to the fact that I'd updated firmware (traffic) on my Garmin at the same time and the unit needed a reset of some sort.

Anyway, you'll also see that I've submitted two variable speed camera locations in that area - along M90 (between Kirkliston and Dalmeny). Would you consider waiting with sending verifiers into the area as I suspect there are more variable speed cameras in the area - especially, along A823(M), as part of the new intelligent system on Forth crossing. I'll be in the area this Thursday and next week so would submit then, unless someone else wants to do it.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: