Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road Angel - EE[BT] 2G London Coverage Poor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Angel - EE[BT] 2G London Coverage Poor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Summary of Connection Attempts Reply with quote

11/06/14: Connected - 3 resets
18/06/04: Connected after 1 reset but did not update. After 3 more resets still did not update.
25/06/14: Connected immediately without a reset, AND updated.
2/07/14: Connected [no reset] and updated. Encouraged by these last two connections tried my back garden [4 miles East of school] and got no connection.
9/07/14: Could not get a connection today.
16/07/14: Connected - 5 resets needed!!
23/07/14: Only time for 4 resets - no connection.

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS

10/09/14: 5 resets no connection. Probably a bit locked up with no recent use......
17/09/14: 5 resets no connection. Has EE had another fiddle?
24/09/14: Connected first time with no reset needed. Only difference was that I was 50 yards further down the road than the last couple of times. There is no environmental obstruction, it's just suburban sprawl. I think the EE mast is on the A40 by the Polish War Memorial, and I'm in a road on the other side of RAF Northolt, so can't entirely rule out some interference. Noticeable that having connected the Vantage showed the five white bars with the red line crossed through twice. I think the most likely analysis is that EE has maximum mast separation for the minimum service.
30/09/14: Returned to exact place and after one reset got connection and update.
8/10/14: Same spot again. One reset and connected and updated.
22/10/14: Same spot connected straight away and updated.

Results here now seem fairly consistent, so will now only report if connection fails at the usual site, or if I find a connection further afield.

28 Oct - 1 Nov 2014: Annual trip to Bourton-on-the-Water connected every time without a reset needed. Lost contact about 6 miles from home.

4 Dec 14: For three weeks no connection near the school in the usual place. Not going to bother trying much longer.

7 Jan 15: No connection now since 5 Nov. The three year sub I took out in Jan 2013 does not look such good value now...

21 Jan 15: Still nothing, losing heart now. Only drive in London/Greater London most of the time. Will save it for trips to the Cotswolds, but there are not many cameras there I find....oh well.

28 Jan 15: One reset and it connected and updated. It looks like the connection only happens at a fairly specific location in this particular street. So I'm beginning to wonder if there is a house there with a mobile signal booster operating? Which, I suppose, would just be confirmation of the poor coverage generally?

4 Feb 15: Exact same spot - connected immediately.

11 Feb 15: Connected but did not update.

24 Feb 15: Parked right at the 'sweet spot' - connected immediately and updated.

4/03/15: Same again, but signal seemed weaker. Got the red line through the white bars three times.

11/03/15: 5 resets - no connection.

25/03/15: 3 weeks now with no connection.

15/04/15: No connection.

22/04/15: No connection. Will post again only if I find a location where it connects.

28/10/15: Annual trip to Cotswolds; one reset and connected. Then connected first time for each of 5 days. On return journey kept connection back to West London. Will try it at home again tomorrow.

29/10/15: Nothing back or front. Seems to confirm earlier thought that it needs a stronger signal for the initial connection, than for the frequent smaller 'operating' connections.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subscription expires today. I'm not renewing. End of thread. Happy motoring.
Kia In-dash Tomtom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: