Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Have TOMTOM increased the Live Traffic Range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Have TOMTOM increased the Live Traffic Range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Have TOMTOM increased the Live Traffic Range Reply with quote

I noticed this morning that instead of my normal range from Northallerton, North Yorkshire going as far south as Sheffield it now extends as far south as Birmingham and parts of central Norfolk. That's in exces of 150 miles. Has anyone else noticed an increase in range. And before anyone asks, yes I have got a GPS sat fix, so my 1005 does know where it is.

Alan
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for me,
My range has been ZERO all day with no traffic, just spinning circle.
This is on my 540 live.
I need a new device and i want a TT unit but the increasing problems they give me i won't part with money until the get their act together.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, on my Home-connected 740, I have traffic status from Coventry included. This includes therefore the M6/M5 junction, which I always believed I once got. (This from Kendal.) Thus the range is currently much larger than it has been in a long time.

Swoon.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked from my office in Hull, on a TT 550 Live... The range is showing incidents as far north as Morpeth in Northumberland, across to Liverpool and Cumbria in the west, and the furthest south is near Cambridge.

It certainly seems to be a greater range than I would normally see, but I haven't checked for a good while so don't read too much into this one-off observation.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via 120 here and traffic range is still rubbish as far as i'm concerned, limited to a 50 mile range. Great when on a 250 mile journey.

I'm going to ditch the live service and but a TMC receiver as I found it to work far better with my One.

Mark
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have been down and up the M6 and around yesterday and today. All the while, my 740 was totally unable to get a connection. It would try again and again but never get anywhere, usually showing the yellow triangle, sometimes just going away. Fortunately there was no bad traffic, though Waze on my iPhone did have a slow section in Lancaster.

Now back in the office, I've connected via Home and I again have traffic past Birmingham.

Looks to me like the switch has been set large and the data capacity can't handle it again. I shall be complaining in a moment.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: