Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 3790 - WAV files not transferred? Please help?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 3790 - WAV files not transferred? Please help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Chaps this is getting very frustrating!

I have deleted all garmin related folders from my laptop.

I am about to reload everything from scratch again.

Google chrome is automatically downloading everything into Downloads.

Should it not go there? I cannot sign into PGPS World via Internet Explorer, it keeps forgetting me?

Thanks.
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore my last post!

I think I have sussed what needs to be done?

Everything is now in the correct folder as you described, run the POILoader and have met the following error:

Only 32 custom POI files are allowed in a subfolder. etc etc etc
Please reorganize your custom POI files and run POI Loader again.

Any suggestions on this please?

I am getting there.

Thank you!
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore that post too, ive only gone and done it!!

Well, I installed the latest Garming POILoader, not the older version.

I encountered the error:

Unable to convert C\Program Files (x86)Garmin\POI Loader/Cams1/pocketgps_20.wav to the proper format.therefore this audio file was not transferred
Unable to convert C\Program Files (x86)Garmin\POI Loader/Cams2/pocketgps_40.wav to the proper format.therefore this audio file was not transferred

I have done a GPS simulated route, and it picked up a '30MPH Speed alert', which should be a 'fixed gatso'? There were also no voice alerts, just a bong?

Is the fact that I have used the latest Garmin POI Loader 2.7.2 the issue here, or is it something else?

Your help is appreciated.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medrep wrote:
Is the fact that I have used the latest Garmin POI Loader 2.7.2 the issue here, ...
Almost certainly.

Try the POILoader V2.61 that Andy Linked to - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/downloads/POILoaderforWindows_261.exe

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has finally installed successfully with no errors. Using the loader you suggested and the working sox.exe file.

The Custom POI on the Garmin is ticked.

Still I am only getting a 30 MPH Speed Alert with a bong and Speed symbol. It is not picking up the fixed gatso in the same location with no voice warning.

Also not picking up the traffic light camera and location/symbol, just a 50mph Speed Alert warning and a bong.

I am using the Speed Zoned Complete database (female with chime prefix), unzipped and put into two separate folders, into the POI Loader file.

Any suggestions on what is wrong now??!!

Thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "It is not picking up the fixed gatso.....". Aparantly some Garmins will only give the 'full' alert stuff if you are exceding the speed limit on approach to the cam . Are you falling foul of this feature? Are you renaming any of the files (you implied that you might be in an earlier post)?
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that the pgps database would show an icon of a gatso. All I am seeing on a simulated run is a 30 symbol and a written warning of 30MPH Speed Alert, with just a bong.

Where is my Gatso icon, with a verbal warning??

It also does not pick up the traffic light camera and mobile unit location further down the road? Best I get is a 50MPH Speed warning and a bong.

The only files I have renamed is the speed zoned database, which I have split into two sub folders Cams 1 and Cams 2. These two folders along with sox.exe reside in the POI Loader folder.

I open the Application file within the POI Loader Folder, it runs the Garmin POI loader, I then select the C Program Files Garmin POI Folder and transfer.

This was done successfully with no errors reported.

I guess the question is should I hear the verbal warning during a GPS simulated run, and maybe the traffic light cam is not registered yet?

Perhaps I should try a real run later. Currently bad snow and a BMW owner Sad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medrep wrote:
Is this what you mean by 'doesn't pick up? because 'doesn't pick up' does not realy describe what you are seeding/hearing (or not) very well Very Happy
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Medrep wrote:
Is this what you mean by 'doesn't pick up? because 'doesn't pick up' does not realy describe what you are seeding/hearing (or not) very well Very Happy

Yes! Are my expectations correct?
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medrep wrote:
I was under the impression that the pgps database would show an icon of a gatso. All I am seeing on a simulated run is a 30 symbol and a written warning of 30MPH Speed Alert, with just a bong.

It also does not pick up the traffic light camera and mobile unit location further down the road? Best I get is a 50MPH Speed warning and a bong.

The only files I have renamed is the speed zoned database, which I have split into two sub folders Cams 1 and Cams 2. These two folders along with sox.exe reside in the POI Loader folder.

I open the Application file within the POI Loader Folder, it runs the Garmin POI loader, I then select the C Program Files Garmin POI Folder and transfer.

This was done successfully with no errors reported.

I guess the question is should I hear the verbal warning during a GPS simulated run, and maybe the traffic light cam is not registered yet?

Perhaps I should try a real run later. Currently bad snow and a BMW owner Sad

Shameless bump!

I downloaded the database onto my iphone via cameralert. Ran that and the say nav side by side. The iPhone was constantly picking up cameras, the sat nav barely picked up a few?

Any thoughts on what has happened

Cheers
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Garmin expert, so can't really help with what you've done wrong (or what is wrong) with the voice warnings, but I did spot this bit...

Medrep wrote:
I was under the impression that the pgps database would show an icon of a gatso. All I am seeing on a simulated run is a 30 symbol and a written warning of 30MPH Speed Alert....

Where is my Gatso icon......??

If you are using the "speed=zoned" version of the database, then the correct icons for fixed cameras ARE a speed limit sign. Like this:

So that sounds like it is working correctly.

(If you opted for the "Consolidated by type" version of the database, then you would get a Gatso icon. I think I remember reading that some if not all Garmins show the speed limit as well, in the line of text. If so, then the consolidated version might be better for you.

Medrep wrote:

I downloaded the database onto my iphone via cameralert. Ran that and the say nav side by side. The iPhone was constantly picking up cameras, the sat nav barely picked up a few?

Is that possibly due to the situation someone mentioned earlier, where you do not get alerts on the Garmin UNLESS you are over the speed limit as you approach the camera?
Medrep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

Thank you for clarifying the icon issue. That makes sense.

I will try again in the car with the Sat Nav, driving slighty over the speed limit where it is safe to do so.

Just a little concerned as I did this on a road where there is a fixed light cam and a mobile location, driving at just just over speed limit (at night empty road!!)Nothing appeared? I will road test again.

Thank you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: