Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff, thanks for the info Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Metblackrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have been using this for a while now and its excellent. Only thing with it is I don't associate any sound files with my alerts as i like the Garmin 'bong bong'. Because I don't use any mp3 or wav files, the program throws up loads of errors. Can an option of 'no audio warnings' be added. Bit cheeky I know but some people love a challenge!.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
digitalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Overspeed warning message? Reply with quote

Is it possible to have a different overspeed audio message (same for all camera types and speeds) as in Ash10's, currently faulty, camera manager?

Sorry if I have missed this option somehow.

Otherwise, very impressive software! Thanks.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about that for a while now as I would like that.

The reason I've hesitated is that I can only see this working with double the number of folders which will likely cause problems.

Now it's been requested I'll have a longer look for a solution.

If walkerx is around I'll compare notes
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Last edited by Kremmen on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metblackrat wrote:
have been using this for a while now and its excellent. Only thing with it is I don't associate any sound files with my alerts as i like the Garmin 'bong bong'. Because I don't use any mp3 or wav files, the program throws up loads of errors. Can an option of 'no audio warnings' be added. Bit cheeky I know but some people love a challenge!.

In the meantime remove the SOX.exe from the Garmin folder and it should ignore the .WAV files (now tell me you use MP3) Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
westcatford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Help for a numpty Reply with quote

I'm a recent refugee from the originally excellent, but now non-functional 'Ash10' software which I had working perfectly until it stopped downloading the database.

I've installed this software and configured it following the help file religiously, or so I thought. I wanted ONE approach warning for static, moble and specs cameras: nothing else. What I got (on a 350 mile trip) was endless repeated warnings that drove me mad.

Please could some kind soul give me an idiots guide to how to set the software up to achive the objece: one approach warning, and nothing else.

With thanks in advance ...
westcatford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please may I be forgiven for adding to the query in my previous message?

I note that the Help file specifices that the program uses the Garmin POI Loader Speed Zoned Complete package.

As will be apparent from my earlier query, I favour a minimalist approach to warnings: something similar to: Warning! Gatso! / Specs! / Mobile!, as appropriate.

I don't want, or like, speed limit information: I know what the relevant limit actually is. I just want to be warned about the presence of a camera.

Therefore, is it possible to configure the program to work with one of the other PGPSW databases, e.g. 'Single file with all cameras' or 'consolidated by type' to produce the required output?

If so, which one?

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help for a numpty Reply with quote

westcatford wrote:
I'm a recent refugee from the originally excellent, but now non-functional 'Ash10' software which I had working perfectly until it stopped downloading the database.

I've installed this software and configured it following the help file religiously, or so I thought. I wanted ONE approach warning for static, moble and specs cameras: nothing else. What I got (on a 350 mile trip) was endless repeated warnings that drove me mad.

Please could some kind soul give me an idiots guide to how to set the software up to achive the objece: one approach warning, and nothing else.

With thanks in advance ...

Hi

If you set all the values in the Overspeed column to zero then the program will only write a single entry into the subsequent GPX file. If you then get multiple warnings then it's a Garmin issue.

Also check that you have the adjacent cameras set to 'removed'. This will ensure that these cameras, typically on motorway gantries facing both directions, only produce a single warning.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westcatford wrote:
Please may I be forgiven for adding to the query in my previous message?

I note that the Help file specifices that the program uses the Garmin POI Loader Speed Zoned Complete package.

As will be apparent from my earlier query, I favour a minimalist approach to warnings: something similar to: Warning! Gatso! / Specs! / Mobile!, as appropriate.

I don't want, or like, speed limit information: I know what the relevant limit actually is. I just want to be warned about the presence of a camera.

Therefore, is it possible to configure the program to work with one of the other PGPSW databases, e.g. 'Single file with all cameras' or 'consolidated by type' to produce the required output?

If so, which one?

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I'll come clean straight away on this query. I developed this program to satisfy a personal need for something better than Garmin's own default CSV handling.
I personally use the speed zoned complete set and that is the only set I worked with.

I decided to offer this program free as I don't have the time currently to enhance it to that level. The smaller tweaks are noted and when I get the time I'll look at them.
The one I need to research more is the separate overspeed voice files. I have a sneaky suspicion that this may break the Garmin POI file limit via the set of cameras I use but I'll know more after I look closer.

Thanks for your understanding.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
digitalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The one I need to research more is the separate overspeed voice files. I have a sneaky suspicion that this may break the Garmin POI file limit via the set of cameras I use but I'll know more after I look closer.

I think Ash10 got round this by making one new POI category 'Overspeed' which covered all camera types, speeds etc. so allowed one overspeed message only, such as 'Slow Down!'. I found this very good as I already knew the camera type and speed from the approach message.

I don't know if that helps as I have not researched the detail of how gpx/gpi files operate.

digitalker
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, that sounds like answer.

Give me some time as I'm overloaded at work but it's definitely on the cards.

I'll make it a selectable option.

Just need a suitable non copyright WAV now - hint
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own self-recorded voice warnings all start with a double "bong-bong". So, for my Overspeed warning, I made a triple "bong-bong-bong", slightly slower and higher in pitch. You're welcome to it, if you pm me an email address to send it to.

(Alternatively I could have recorded "Slow Down" but I decided it would sound a little cheesy).

You may need to alter the bitrate eg in Audacity to match your other wav's, as all need to be the same for sox.exe to work. (The volume may also need matching to your other wav's).

You'll also need an overspeed.bmp (a 1 x 1 dot) otherwise the Garmin will display its default blotch as an icon.

Dales
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First stage of programming is complete.

I now have an option to put all the Overspeed warnings into a separate unique file. This is via a user setting so the program GPX files can be constructed as-is or with the new option.

Next stage is to get a suitable WAV file (that I have been offered). Then I'll be testing it.

It should be noted that due to the way the Garmin works there are likely to be overspeed (slow down) warnings when you're not over the limit. This is because Garmin seems to have some variable logic about whether or not to produce a warning.

When I insert a # symbol it produces a single warning at the set 'proximity' or distance from the camera. This seems to work as a normal non camera POI.

When I use the @ symbol (for cameras) it may or may not produce a warning at its proximity. If it does decide to produce a warning when you are not over the limit then I have no control over that.

What it shouldn't do though is continue to produce warnings when you are below the limit.

1) Get a WAV
2) Testing
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
digitalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: 'Not always overspeed' warning Reply with quote

Yes, this Garmin behaviour is annoying. I put it down to the variable nature of speed estimates from GPS. It's as if the unit is taking 'spot' values of speed as a basis for the overspeed warning, rather than averaging over a short period, which would be sensible and more reliable. Can anyone confirm this?

I found with Camera Manager that 'false' overspeed warnings were minimised by including Ash's allowable overspeed margin of x%+y mph (I use 10%+0). I know I'm being a pain, but can you consider this as another add-on option?

Keep up the good work!

digitalkerman

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 6 of 74

Jump to: