Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3.03 and 3.04 Traffic Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3.03 and 3.04 Traffic Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have come home and just done the update again which seem to install correctly but it still does not have Scarborough, Sutton Coldfield, Whitby (north Yorkshire) and probably many more besides.
Please help someone

Thanks

Paul
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, The much talked about M6 Toll road is missing from TT3, and is not corrected in 3.03. This is a mapping issue with Teleatlas, and suspect it will not be avialable for at least 6 to 12 months (TT 4) Wink

Alan
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TT TRaffic Reply with quote

stevenalis wrote:
I have been running TT on Ipaq 2210 and is it me or does the M6 Toll road not exist? Has this been corrected by 3.03?

It's not just you, the M6 Toll was not included in the map data. No software fix will bring us that road, we will need new maps for that. The fact that is not there is inexcusable but we will have to live with it.

The 3.03 update only fixed errors in the program which acceses the database, not the database itself. All these towns that appeared to be missing, were there all along, but 3.01 could not find them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BadBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I run the update it is wanting to install the msn messenger update? Confused
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TT TRaffic Reply with quote

stevenalis wrote:
I have been running TT on Ipaq 2210 and is it me or does the M6 Toll road not exist? Has this been corrected by 3.03?

Steve

The M6 toll road is a mapping data issue and will not be resolved by a bug fix release of the application. We may well have to wait untill TT4 before we get an update of the maps as it involves releasing a full CD.
BadBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBoy wrote:
When I run the update it is wanting to install the msn messenger update? Confused

I have sorted this guys, had to empty my temp directory Rolling Eyes
NMatthew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TT TRaffic Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
stevenalis wrote:

Steve

The M6 toll road is a mapping data issue and will not be resolved by a bug fix release of the application. We may well have to wait untill TT4 before we get an update of the maps as it involves releasing a full CD.

I have been running 3.04T today and noticed a large amount of nasty traffic around the Birmingham area, what with the changes being made at J6. Nice to see that TomTom knew about holdups, and could offer to route around them.

Sadly, it cannot help without knowledge of the M6 Toll. In my view this rather devalues the Traffic option as the new road would affect routing for 50 miles around I'd say. So, for all of you traffic trial users, why not ask TomTom to re-issue the maps when the real service begins in September, as part of subscribing? Maybe if we all express consternation they'd take notice. We already know that TeleAtlas have data available, ready for them to do their thing with.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M6 toll is on the map for the new TT Go so it must be on the latest Teleatlas database.
wjrs5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwilko wrote:
Okay I have come home and just done the update again which seem to install correctly but it still does not have Scarborough, Sutton Coldfield, Whitby (north Yorkshire) and probably many more besides.
Please help someone

Thanks

Paul

I have a similar prob. After the update mine still says 3.02T not 3.04T and I can't find places like Scarborough. I am still thinking about the best way forward as it seems to be OK with almost everybody else.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also had the problem of tomtom still reporting v3.02t after installation of 3.04t. i may have a different setup as i manually moved programs in my cf card to cf card\program files. i didn't want the clutter of folders. in the end, i removed all tomtom progrmas and re-installed and kept it where it was installed.

now i have 3.04t and 3.00 gps driver. tomtom told me to install 3.03 which includes the 3.03 gps driver, then install 3.04t. i think i'm going to try with 3.00 first. and the gps 3.03 is now available as a separate installation. what's new in gps3.03 looks terribly familiar:

Quote:
What's new in TomTom GPS 3.03?

On HP iPAQ 1940 with ROM version 1.10, previous versions of the TomTom GPS driver could not connect to the TomTom Wireless GPS. This version fixes this issue.

This version improves support for HP iPAQ2210 with a Bluetooth GPS receiver; this fixes reports of intermittent and random failing of the Bluetooth link between the GPS receiver and the HP iPAQ 2210.

iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the toll road will not appear in an update - this requires new map data and that will only (if tomtom carry on in the future as they have in the past) appear in nav 4 next year - unless they move to a downloadable map charging structure - which I suspect is still someway off.

Overall 3.03 I think answers most of the problem most users were experiencing.
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwilko wrote:-

Quote:
Please help someone

Thanks

Paul

I installed 3.03 no less than 3 times and each time I went to Map-File-About it clearly showed version as being 303 (427). However NONE of the "missing" places had appeared - in fact I could see no difference whatsoever so I reached the conclusion that despite being told I was using the new version, I was in fact (despite lots of soft resets) still running with 3.01. In desperation I did a hard reset and did a totally new installation from the original CD and then finally installed 3.03 - bingo it works with all the "missing" places etc showing up.

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got 3.03 working, yesterday subscribed to the Traffic free trial.
What is the best way to get it installed?
Should I just install the ttntraf.exe followed by the ttntraf304.exe with a soft reset in between, or a hard reset and start again with a new install from the V3 upgrade disk.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, i think i am going to have to completely re-install the whole bloody thing.

Why is nothing simple these days !!
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I have noticed is that i am running GPS 2.09 305/393.
I thought that this latest update did the GPS as well, am I right or wrong ??

Thanks

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: