Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1005 Constantly rebooting after live services expired
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1005 Constantly rebooting after live services expired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: 1005 Constantly rebooting after live services expired Reply with quote

Has anyone else experienced problems with the 1005 after the Live services expired?
I'm pretty sure the problems started with mine after the services stopped working after the first year. If I try to do anything with it before it's got a fix and totally happy (typically 5 minutes after power up) it just goes into a continuous rebooting cycle and will only work after it gets the big hoof (power button down until the drums start playing)
I have to say that it's let me down so many times in critical situations that I'm thinking of consigning it to the junk pile Mad

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen that, but my LIVE Services haven't lapsed yet.

But I'm concerned by you saying the device takes 5 minutes to get a GPS fix and be "happy". That's far too long.

Mine usually gets a fix in a few seconds.

Have you tried a "Return to Factory settings"? (Backup all your Favourites and POIs first)
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I've not tried much to correct the problem to be honest. I was hoping that my company would fork out for the Live services update but they are baulking at the cost. I might need to look into it further as the device is almost unusable now.
It seems to take ages to get itself sorted now after power on. Touch the screen by mistake and your toast ! It just goes into power up cycles a bit like when it gets a PC connection sometimes on an update. I left it for almost an hour doing it once and it never sorted itself out. Very frustrating indeed.

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I've decided to connect to the PC and update the Live 1005 wih thelatest software. Hopefully I should see some improvement now. Took some time to get it connected as it was constantly rebooting when it was connected to the PC lead. In the end I managed to get it to connect by powering it up disconnected

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: