Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home Device Update - Server Not Found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home Device Update - Server Not Found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnakeDoctor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: TomTom Home Device Update - Server Not Found Reply with quote

I got an email from TomTom last Friday to say that new maps were available. Using TomTom Home 2.9.2.2837 on Windows 8 Pro. I managed to download the Europe Map but when it starts to download the North America 2GB Map it fails saying 'Error when contacting server: Not Found'. I've tried a few times over the weekend and again tonight but get the same message each time.
Is it something that I'm doing or are the TomTom servers actually down for all this time?

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Home Device Update - Server Not Found Reply with quote

SnakeDoctor wrote:
I got an email from TomTom last Friday to say that new maps were available. Using TomTom Home 2.9.2.2837 on Windows 8 Pro. I managed to download the Europe Map but when it starts to download the North America 2GB Map it fails saying 'Error when contacting server: Not Found'. I've tried a few times over the weekend and again tonight but get the same message each time.
Is it something that I'm doing or are the TomTom servers actually down for all this time?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

I downloaded and installed both maps without problem last week on a GO950Live device. I can connect at the moment so I should try again. Give your device a reboot first then reconnect. Do you have the latest Navcore application? (App. 9.465)
SnakeDoctor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Gee-Pee.

I have App 9.465.1074274.103 on my GO950LIVE and am running TT HOME 2.9.2.2837 I have rebooted the GO950 and tried again - same problem.

I am running TT HOME on a Windows 8 Pro PC so I have just tried installing HOME on a Windows 7 PC - same problem.

HOME checks the GO950 and decides that I am entitled to to a new version of the North America 2GB map. When I click on 'Update and install' with only the North America 2GB map selected it fails with 'Error when contacting server: Not found' almost instantly.
If I select just the Map Share updates and click on 'Update and install' it updates my Europe map.

Any ideas?

Thank you for you help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: