Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom truck speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom truck speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony1076
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: tomtom truck speed cameras Reply with quote

hi guys i have a tomtom truck 7150 sat nav it has already got the tomtom speed cams on it. my question is can i put the pocket gps speed ones on it instead if so can you help me by telling me how. o and the low bridges many thanks chaps Smile
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tony1076, The 7150 is a bit of a rare beast and if stokiedan ever bought a TT7150 I would guess that you and he are going to be trailblazing this area of TomTomidness for the good of the rest of us.

Does the 7150 use MyTomTom? if so, I would suggest that you try following the instructions as for the other 3rd generation devices as listed Here.

If it doesn't use MyTomTom, please let us know anything about how it connects to your computer and the internet and we may be able to guide you in the correct direction. But I fear that it may be a case of trial and error. Shocked

Edited by AoH for spelling
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic question is "Can you add user-POIs to it" and if the answer to that is yes, then you can add the PGPSW speed cam database (as it's just a collection of POI sets.

The second question is "can you set up "warn when near POI" alerts, and if the answer to that is also yes, then you can have audio and visual warnings for the speed cams as you approach them (including the voice warnings that tell you the speed limit).

To answer the first question, either:
1. go to the settings menu / Manage POIs and see if there is an entry for "Add POI category" (I'm 99% sure there will be).
2. Connect the Go to the PC and run the "MYTomTom" software. Select "Add community content" from the pop-up box when you click on the icon next tot he PC's clock. If "Add POI" is there, all is well.

To answer the second question, got to Settings / Manage POIs again. If "Warn when near POI" is in the menu then all is well. (Again, I'm 99% sure it will be there).

As AliOnHols says, for full details on adding the PGPSW speed data, you should just follow the instructions for the "NAV3" TomTom models such as the Go100, Go1005.

To add low bridge POIs from here, you need to be a subscriber to PGPSW (which you will be already if you can access the speed cam downloads). Then go to the "Download POIs" section of the PGPSW website and select the POIs you want.
Installation is just the same as for the camera files, but we haven't created any warning voice files for those POIs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: