Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 540 Live loops between screen splash and reboot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 540 Live loops between screen splash and reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 540 Live loops between screen splash and reboot Reply with quote

Hello
Over the weekend I updated my Tom Tom 540 Live with the latest UK map (v900.4602) and other than noticing a problem where the postcode file had not been recognised after the update the Tom Tom now constantly loops around between the screen splash (a personalised picture for me) and reboots.

The matter with the postcode file was that when I ran the Tom Tom home again it prompted me again to install the same v 900 postcode file installed supposedly 10 minutes earlier.

I have held the power button for about 30 seconds to force a reset but no change, it fails now to proceed to showing the normal mapping screen.

My latest details are:-

Application Version 9.465.1074274.1 (2025, 27/9/2012), OS:842337
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5120
United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland v900.4602

Any useful tips will be much appreciated as my next step otherwise is I guess to wipe the drive completely and do a full restore taking me back to the old map and one application back too - no major deal provides that brings the unit back to live.

Some earlier posts refer to removing all root level files not in directories or a map config file, not sure really the validity of these suggestions hence the post.

Thanks
Mike
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you rename the mapsettings.cfg file it should start fine, I had this with my 950!

Steven

iPhone 12
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect device to the PC and use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the drive letter associated with the device.

Open the folder "United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland" and locate the file "MapSettings.cfg" either delete it or rename it (the device will create a new one when it boots up).

Disconnect from PC and let the unit start up, it should behave normally now but you will have lost your home location and any POI warnings you had set up previously, re-enter these to get them back again - Mike
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Steven and Mike
Renaming the config file within the map folder sorted the problem and judging by a further check the earlier restore I thought I had ran I had not so I am also up to date with the application and map too.

I guess I may never to get to find out what exactly went wrong with the config file but that is the least of my concerns.

Excellent response.
Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: