Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - sygic file converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

sygic file converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
We can't generate the .rupi files directly on the server and I never had any response from Sygic when I asked for any method we could do this.

MaFt

MaFt Any chance of using the rupi converter that Sygic make available? Or won't it work on the server?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
MaFt wrote:
We can't generate the .rupi files directly on the server and I never had any response from Sygic when I asked for any method we could do this.

MaFt

MaFt Any chance of using the rupi converter that Sygic make available? Or won't it work on the server?

It's Windows software that requires user input to function. We run on Linux servers... Even with a Linux version of the software it'd be near-on impossible due to the user-input required.

MaFt
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be honest.
Speedcams we are downloading several times per year.
POIs?
Hmmm....
I'd say that effort to convert it manually once per year is acceptable effort...
Of course my point of view is not neutral, bcs in my case, hotels and supermarkets are not jumping acrocc the country several times per week.. Wink
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
"CSV (for Sygic RUPI Converter)" now added to the POI downloads.
Am I going blind? I can't find it in the downloads Sad It's not in 'Sygic Aura' or 'Other-CSV' and there isn't a category just 'CSV'
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
MaFt wrote:
Am I going blind? I can't find it in the downloads Sad It's not in 'Sygic Aura' or 'Other-CSV' and there isn't a category just 'CSV'

Wakey wakey, we're talking POIs here ;)
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

As such the best I can do is do the csv with the header which would need manually rupifying.

MaFt
thanks for the explanation. I will email them and ask for their help.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Wakey wakey, we're talking POIs here ;)
I knew that! I just forgot between posts. S'pose I'd better do a couple more of these then. Embarassed Embarassed
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxmaciek wrote:
Lets be honest.
Speedcams we are downloading several times per year.
POIs?
Hmmm....
I'd say that effort to convert it manually once per year is acceptable effort...
Of course my point of view is not neutral, bcs in my case, hotels and supermarkets are not jumping acrocc the country several times per week.. Wink
if you don't use POIs you may not appreciate it. I tried tonavigate to carlisle ccrematorium last week. The Google poi is in the wrong place so I came to pgpsw
Several times a a year I go to new golf courses, and and whilst they do not change the locations get corrected. Same with national Trust sites. Bird watching sites are added. Many of the original uploads seem to have been postcode based and hence wrong. I as pgpsw users visit and do the right thing by updating the , the poi download becomes better. So if there re is a later date, I download the latest.
For every file, and I had to open it in notepad++, change the first in each and save it. then I have to use the rupi converter. Ifpgpsw can cut out the vvery manual amendment of each file that is why there are computers. If they can do the rupi directly even better. Why do somethingmanually that a computer can do error free every time?
Hope that explains it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:
1. It may be easier to do on Windows based machine than on the Linux based server;
2. You are absolutely right that is something can be done automatically, why should we do it manually?

As soon as you could publish the script doing that, all can benefit, so do not hesitate Very Happy
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Please test and let me know if it's all sorted.

MaFt
EXCELLENT. Thank you - just what i wanted. Another reason to keep coming back to PGPSW. Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember not to mix countries. Apparently a rupi file cannot contain POIs for more than a single country.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Remember not to mix countries. Apparently a rupi file cannot contain POIs for more than a single country.
This is correct, though I had never thought of combining countries when downloading. You have to put the rupi and the bmp in the maps folder, and on Android, in a sub folder (you may have to create) called Import. Just done it for mine and on opening Sygic, it auto imports the new POIs (after asking politely!).

Sygic says it needs 8 or 32 bit image files, and now suggests bigger 100x100 images, whereas many of those on PGPSW are 24 bit and only 22x22.
Sygic Support wrote:
The icon (.bmp file) should be in a square format e.g. 100x100 px. If the icon is too big or too small, it will be adjusted automatically by the app.
http://help.sygic.com/entries/22149526-Import-of-external-custom-POIs-to-Sygic

In my previous version Sygic Mobile Maps 10, using the wrong icons crashed the programme. Today, on my Nexus 4, it just seems to import them and not bother. Smile I converted them a couple of years ago using Paint.net, and have done the same today in Irfanview, but then tried to just use a bmp as downloaded, and it worked. The small icons look a bit blurred, but they work.Smile

Next I am going to try out the new beta version of Sygic.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

So how do we import the European cameras? Aren't they just all countries bundled together? I assumed the import facility put them in the correct country. Anybody actually managed to do that in Sygic?

Fellwalker - what Beta version??
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:

http://help.sygic.com/entries/23216807-Sygic-GPS-Navigation-13-1-BETA-v1
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
MaFt wrote:

So how do we import the European cameras? Aren't they just all countries bundled together? I assumed the import facility put them in the correct country. Anybody actually managed to do that in Sygic?

Not sure to be honest! We don't have a method of splitting out individual countries and I've only just discovered that Sygic needs it this way...

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: