Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin traffic alerts missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin traffic alerts missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Make_a_u-turn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Garmin traffic alerts missing Reply with quote

I have a Nuvi 265W (GB & Europe) and when I first bought the unit I received traffic alerts which were a green, yellow or red circle on the left of the screen with a time for the delay. I've noticed that I don't get these anymore. I've just been to Heijen (NL) and back and I didn't get any alerts. I've looked through all of the settings but everything seems OK. Any ideas?
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This used to happen with most Garmin units, then over the last few years Garmin changed the behaviour so the delay time no longer displayed and then the traffic icon stayed Green / Grey which implied that a signal was being received, even when it wasn't.

Do you get any sort of icon at all? Is there a list of the TMC providers in the Traffic providers settings screen as this will show all the frequencies which your GTM (traffic cable) has used in the past?

What firmware are you using? Garmin does have a habit of introducing "silent" changes which don't always improve the unit. Perhaps worth making a backup and a) reinstalling the current firmware (Garmin Express will do this for you) or b)installing one of the early firmwares to see if this shows an icon again as it may help determine if your traffic cable is faulty.
Make_a_u-turn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into West London on Sunday and I noticed that the green symbol was showing when I got near to London. There's no accessible configuration for traffic on the device. I have all of the original device files on a memory stick so I'll take a look to see if there is anything I can use.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - There should be a screen you can get to which displays the traffic provider and subscription details - assume lifetime traffic is offered on the GTM traffic cable (LT in the model designation).

Good that you had an icon near London though as this shows it is still working / receiving a signal - did you press the green symbol - if so, what did the display say (traffic being received?) ?
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returning from Belgium on Monday I had the traffic signal come up several times both approaching the M25 and whilst on the M25 in various "delay" situations showing red and a delay figure, or green to show clear when it was supposed to be clear.

What was new to me was that when in major road-works the colour of the screen changed, and the working area had a red line next to it - however, the speed limit stayed at 70 mph and did not change to show the speed limit in force at the road-works. However, this sometimes changed back to the normal screen even when I was in a continuous road works situation.

Now I cannot say that I have noticed this before whilst on the M25 going in the opposite direction a few weeks previously in similar road-works?

cheers

Allan
Make_a_u-turn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to update the firmware and it's not free. Why? Surely firmware is a free update.

I'm running software version 7.60.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: