Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why is TT going backwards?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is TT going backwards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Why is TT going backwards? Reply with quote

My faithful GO 540 Live has given up the ghost, having worked pretty well faultlessly for the past 3+ years (refurbished model). For some reason it refuses to boot up when it isn't connected to Home. So, I thought it was time for a replacement, and chose an 820 Live as its successor.

Stupidly, I thought that it would still have the same or similar screen mount as the 540, where it is just clicked into its holder and connected to the power supply at the same time. Not so this one - it has a fiddly (angled) USB connector, and this needs to be put in or pulled out every time the unit is put on or taken off the screen. And the cable has to be un-plumbed when I want to update it on the PC. What a faff! Why does TT think this is progress? I got fed up with this system on a previous model, so the 540 screen mount was just ideal. And now this piece of genius design....

Before I send it back, can anyone suggest please:

1. A straightforward and reasonably-priced mount for this daft system?

2. Otherwise, are all the TT units now like this one? If not some model numbers would be appreciated (let me guess - if there are any then they will cost more than the 820?!)

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: