Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hide map view above a selected speed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide map view above a selected speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iandrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Hide map view above a selected speed Reply with quote

Hi,

Just "upgraded" from a TomTom One to a Via 130. The One had an option where you could hide the map view above a selected speed, I used this a lot for motorway driving (especially at night) so that it wasn't quite as distracting.

Now the Via 130 "spec" says "hides map view above a selected speed", now I may be being daft, but I just can't seem to find the menu item to set that. In the Safety menu there is warn if driving above speed limit, and warn if driving above set speed, but no "hide map".

Can anyone help, I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they lied....

I can see the claim on this TomTom page http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/car-navigation/via-series/via-130-europe/index.jsp under "Safety Preferences"

The function is there on my GO950, it *is* in safety preferences, and you get to set it up on the next page after you set the the warnings for driving on the left or right.

But on NAV3 models all you get after the "driving on left or right" screen is "DONE"

I'm afraid You have been...
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked previously for this function on my wife's Via 130. I couldn't find it then.

I've checked the Via 130 again today more thoroughly.... I can see no sign of the function for 'hide map' over a set speed. Sad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get about this, and presumably TT had the same problem is: 'Why would you want to do that?' Confused
Presumably, because TT say that you can, but lied?
iandrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I found it useful for motorway driving (especially at night) so that it wasn't quite as distracting (i.e no moving map in corner of vision). I set it for 70MPH, and that way when I got up to motorway speed the screen was mainly "blank" apart from the status bar on the bottom of the screen. When I slowed down for a junction that I was coming off at, the map would come back on, and show the route around the roundabout etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: