Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect-Can I disable only the inbuilt warnings?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect-Can I disable only the inbuilt warnings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlevene
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect-Can I disable only the inbuilt warnings? Reply with quote

I have a Nissan Qashqai 2011 model with outdated maps (no surprise there).
I have downloaded your POI warnings and added them without any issues thanks to the great instructions on this site and they work really well - many thanks for that.

My question - is there a way to disable the inbuilt warnings on the sat nav and just leave your warnings as the damn thing beeps at me way too much.
For example, I live near the M25 where they are widening it and the maps that came with the car have 50mph section starts and end in the wrong places now - these include the warnings for the Specs 50mph average camera's. Then I drive a little way further and your alerts kick in at the right place!

I would ideally just like to use your alerts as they are updated frequently and are more acurate than my outdated ones on the SD card for the car.

Is this possible or is it an 'all or nothing' scenario?

Many thanks
Jeff
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an 'all or nothing' situation Evil or Very Mad

I have just bought a brand new Juke and the built in POI warnings are already months out of date and NavTeq have just today confirmed to me that they can't be removed - I am mightily p*ssed off with this because not only is it out of date, but if you add your own POI warnings, you get beeped approaching speed restrictions that aren't there, as well as double beeped for the ones that are there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: