Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v880 maps out 15th November 2011
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v880 maps out 15th November 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
It's only fairly recently that the new map updates have retained your POIs - they too used to disappear with new maps.

That's strange. When I used to update my maps on the TomTom ONE, the 730T and the 950 Live, all of my custom POIs stayed as it was only certain individual files that the map update changed.

Nowadays on the TomTom 950 Live, the update process needs so much free space that before I can start it I need to delete the map folder so all new files are installed. Once the update is done, I copy all of the POI files (BMP, BMP x2, OV2, OGG) back into the map folder.

I suppose that at least it means that I get a chance to "weed out" the non essential files occasionally! Rolling Eyes

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
What really gets me annoyed though, is the failure to carry forward the settings from the previous map. [snip]- we've always advised converting Favourites to POIs in order to retain them.

On the 740, that issue was fixed a while ago. I can't remember the version of the firmware, but I no longer lose favourites etc. I am on the latest version though so maybe that is required.

And yes, some map updates quirks are to be expected, but this road has been closed for years now. There is no reason why anyone would expect it to be open now. You can see the bushed growing happily in the division they built - this is not a new thing.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with the new maps. I can't route to an address it goes away looking for a country to select and then reboots. I can route to a postcode, Google search and favorite. XL live IQ with western zone installed.
Navcore
9.058 568435.2
Map
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once I was able to copy my backed up MapSettings file to both my Western Europe and Western Zones without getting the rebooting loop. I have both so I can keep all my UK POIs etc on one and my french ones on the other.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2216 wrote:
I have a problem with the new maps. I can't route to an address it goes away looking for a country to select and then reboots. I can route to a postcode, Google search and favorite. XL live IQ with western zone installed.
Navcore
9.058 568435.2
Map

Sorted deleted the devices navcore and then Home then loaded it back.
Playhard
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: New map query - 1005 Europe Reply with quote

I am running maps version 8.75 but have not been offered a new map when I connect to 'My TOMTOM'. It says my device is up to date?

Secondly, I had a TOMTOM ONE XL which packed up a couple of months back. In July I paid for 12 months map updates plus 6months free for it but as it has now broken I cannot use them. As I have paid for them is there any way the subscription can be transferred to my new 1005 model as I don't want to have to fork out again?

Thanks

Scott
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you contact TomTom Support, they may be willing to transfer your subscription from one device to another, if you explain that your old device is no longer in use.

They may also require you to register it under the same e-mail address as the old device (something to to with it being cheaper for them to reuse the same map licence). This isn't what would normally be recommended on PGPSW, but it has worked OK for me.
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally

After 7 years of telling TT about the new A228 to Thamesport container port its finally made an appearance on the new map. Thumbs Up
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the new map onto my 550Live and it has retained all my favourites, Poi's, speed camera settings, etc., it even retained my recent destinations. So apart from tying up my broadband connection for two hours everything went swimmingly well!
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still have the A738 wrong in Ardrossan, and the B714 is completely wrong. I reported them a year ago.
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post, & indeed visit, for a long time.

I was considering updating the UK map on my two year old 520 but I'm only offered a yearly subscription for an (IMO) outrageous £40. Have single updates been killed off now?

Funny how Co-pilot can offer their entire package for almost half the cost of a rip-off TT map update...
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
Anita wrote:
After installing the new map my 720 froze on the start up screen. Tried resets and ran clear flash several times to no avail.

Hi Anita
I have just downloaded the map to my 750 and on trying to do a map correction via On map/Point of Interest/In City - it froze and then started looping, likewise when I tried Navigate to/Point of Interest/In City it did the same - am currently reinstalling previous map and will be sending issue to TT for evaluation.

Mine did the typical loop boot.

I reset it, and deleted the mappsettings.cfg file, then re-started.

Still lost all of my POI warnings though, which is a real PITA if you have complete speedzone cameras for both the UK and Europe!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crocodile wrote:

I was considering updating the UK map on my two year old 520 but I'm only offered a yearly subscription for an (IMO) outrageous £40. Have single updates been killed off now?

No, that's not true, but TT seem to be making it as easy as possible to go down the subscription route rather than offer you a single map. Strange eh! Rolling Eyes

If you can't work out a way to get Home to offer you the single map (there WILL be a way), you can always do it directly from the TomTom website:
https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/shop/maps/

But guess what? A single UK and Ireland map is £39.95, so maybe your yearly subscription deal doesn't seems so bad now....?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I thought you had to have the latest map (ie. single map purchase if not already up to date maps installed on unit) before you could subscribe - hence the £40 you were quoted (ie. one new map purchase + 4 qty map updates)???
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
But I thought you had to have the latest map (ie. single map purchase if not already up to date maps installed on unit) before you could subscribe - hence the £40 you were quoted (ie. one new map purchase + 4 qty map updates)???
I don't want to subscribe. I may just want to buy a single update (depending on price) but that no longer appears to be an option.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: