Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to disable Cyclops on Nuvi 255 with software 7.50
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to disable Cyclops on Nuvi 255 with software 7.50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: How to disable Cyclops on Nuvi 255 with software 7.50 Reply with quote

I have a Nuvi 255 with software version 7.50. I have previously disabled the Garmin Cyclops camera warnings and I think the path was Tools:Settings: Proximity Points. However when I go there now the only setting is Proximity Alerts with a "Change..." button. If I press this there is only one option which is "Custom POIs" and that is ticked. Unless I am going even more senile than I have realised, I thought that previously there was another tick box for Garmin Cyclops. I have PGPSW Speed Cams from mid September 2011 installed and I am getting speed camera alerts but they are sounding on the section of the M18 south of Doncaster where the work finished some considerable time ago; hence I suspect that the unit is picking up other data and Cyclops seems like a candidate. Any ideas?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were loaded then they'd be there, you're not senile!

Try connecting your nuvi to your PC and seeing if the actual files are still there. If they are but not showing up then have you updated software at all? You may need to do a hard reset, often needed after software updates to ensure the nuvi operates correctly.
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Try connecting your nuvi to your PC and seeing if the actual files are still there.

Thanks for responding. Sorry to be dim but which files?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Garmin files loaded you should see files that read something like UkIrelandCyclopsSample.gma
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
If you have Garmin files loaded you should see files that read something like UkIrelandCyclopsSample.gma

OK thanks. I have looked at a backup and I previously had UKCyclopsSample.gpi in the POI directory but it is no longer present. I recently used POILoader to "Remove all previously installed custom POIs from your device" which I guess may have got rid of it. I will have to road test to see if things are working properly now.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then they're gone ... which is why you don't see them listed Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: