Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 3790T and speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 3790T and speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toplessmini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 3790T and speed cameras Reply with quote

I have been a TomTom user for a while but have purchased a new Garmin Nuvi. When out driving with my Nuvi and the latest speed camera update from Garmin I find that when I approach the speed camera going less than the speed limit my Garmin fails to sound out an alert. There is a camera displayed on screen but no alert. Now my Tomtom always sounds out an alert which can be very useful if you're in traffic works on the motorway and the speed limit has been lowered.

My question is can it be made to sound out regardless of speed?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with Garmin's speed cameras.

With our database you can use a free utility such as "Ash10's Camera Manager" that will do magical things so that you always get alerts for cameras regardless of your speed.

MaFt
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Ash would prefer it not to be marketed as Free - he would like a donation if you are pleased with it - he wrote it as well as GarTool in his own time and it is quite likely the only reason why anyone would use the PGPSW database on a garmin device. Im not attacking PGPSW before you get defensive Rolling Eyes its the device and s/w providers who make it very difficult to use 3rd party POIs in an effective way.

The industry has gone backwards in this regard almost to the point of anti-competitive behaviour imo
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it is free?! so why not say it?? if you want some extra features then you pay a donation for it but for the basic use it is free.

if he wanted it to be a paid-for piece of software he would have done so from the outset.

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
but it is free?! so why not say it?? if you want some extra features then you pay a donation for it but for the basic use it is free.

I'm sure he still appreciates donations though, even if you only want the basic version. Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
MaFt wrote:

I'm sure he still appreciates donations though, even if you only want the basic version. Smile

indeed. was just saying that if he didn't want it "marketed as free" then he wouldn't have done so himself...

i was being a pedant.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: