Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HD traffic not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HD traffic not working
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
In case you thought so, I was not offering criticism that you might be supporting TT -
No, your'e all right Dennis. I never for one instant think you were Very Happy
I might be grumpy, tired and old, but my long distance driving consists of a trip to the local pub for a pie and a pint (of lemonade) of a Friday lunch time. However, her who must be obeyed, caused me to drive at least 80 miles round trip to Ardingly antiques fair today to spend a load of cash on ornaments Shocked
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
How about locking this thread seeing as the outage is over, and changing the title on the other thread to 'HD Traffic is useless' ??????

I had been thinking about doing that... but some of the best "50 miles" posts are in this one! (I particularly like Pottsy's summary on page 6)

What it really needs is for a bit of 'splitting and merging' to put all the "service outage" posts into one topic and all the "50 miles" posts in the other, but unfortunately this old version of the phpBB software cannot cope with that.... unless MaFt can take the time to wave his magic wand! (or show someone with more time on his hands how to... Wink )

P.S. I've now edited the title of the other topic slightly too.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Andy
addpaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Radius change delayed me... Reply with quote

Tomtom traffic reducing radius affected me as it did not spot a closed motorway until were too close to divert down the M1 instead of the M6 when driving down motorway towards London. Added a long slow divert and had not realised likely to be the reduction in radius until now; as 100km to less than 50km radius would have made a difference for me... Confused
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another dissatisifed customer .....

Can you post this in the thread about HD Traffic in 1005 is uselss here please to keep all of these reports in one place. Please support our facebook group as well.

To everyone who has arrived here from the link in the PGPSW newsletter, can you please post your experiences and dissatisfaction in the thread below to keep it all nice and tidy (as the traffic outage is now over), and please support our facebook group. You can also post your dissatisfaction on the TT facebook page for their Traffic Manifesto - all you have to do is 'Like' the TT facebook page and then you can comment.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/186622728063452

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=87608

http://www.facebook.com/TomTom?sk=app_188572237848988
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, can we keep it constructive - the objective is to get TT to acknowledge and fix the issue, i.e return the service to how it was and what we thought we were all paying for.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 940 primarily for the accuracy and efficiency of TT's Traffic service.

To explain: I had elderly disabled parents living in Kent (I'm in Derbyshire) and always visited them several times a month to make sure they were OK. In December I had a phone call to tell me my Mum was in hospital having had a stroke - within half an hour we were on our way but the weather was bad, snow had hit south west London and was moving northwards.

TT Traffic advised us to take the A14 and M11 south to the M25 - which we did - and we were just about able to keep moving through the snow to reach the hospital in Gillingham. My Mum died on Boxing Day but we'd got there while she was still able to recognise us and communicate. TT helped do that, in fact if we hadn't taken Traffic's advice and continued down the M1 as usual we would have been stuck for hours - on the 940's map London was almost invisible under the incident icons!

Now, with this latest neutering of Traffic, my 940 can see incidents only as far as Leicester which is absolutely hopeless if I need to divert away from the M1 on that journey.

Hopefully TomTom will see sense but I'm not holding my breath.
pottsy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spook, if you could possibly post that comment on the FB Group then that would be great!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

150+ members at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186622728063452 and growing fast - keep it coming!
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been reading all these comments about reduced range of HD traffic with interest as have just bought my first LIVE (XL europe) unit recently. as i mainly drive daily between customers in the south east, mostly i am within the 50 mile radius being talked about.
however last week i was driving back to london from manchester and i'm certain my tomtom listed an incident on my route that was 75 miles away. it was displayed on the blue traffic sidebar ??

however there was nothing shown any further afield and i can understand everyones frustration of this if they are regularly travelling over these longer distances.[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: