Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PHOTO REAL AGAIN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PHOTO REAL AGAIN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WELLHEADS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: PHOTO REAL AGAIN Reply with quote

Sorry to harp on again but GARMIN have told me to download latest software and reload my map.
i have done the software but how i reload maps as GARMIN do not give any instructions for this'

by the way, they say that they will reply to mails in three days but took 30 to reply
thanks david
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Garmin are wrong IMO, 2011.30 didn't come with photo real junction views, so even with a software update it can't possbly give you photo real views.

However I've been wrong before so you might as well try ...

Go to myGarmin, log in and you can reload your map from there.
WELLHEADS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTO REAL AGAIN Reply with quote

have updated map and it is now 2011.32 so hope i get some joy.
i was told by halfords when i bought it that it had photo real and as i am a sucker for new gimmicks i got it for this reason.
wonder if i have any comeback with them.
thanks for your help, without people like you we would be knackered
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellheads, why do you keep quoting yourself? Confused Just use the 'Post Reply' button at the foot of the topic. Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's no need to quote your own previous posts every time. Just click on the "Post reply" button at the bottom.

If you want to quote a part of someone else's reply, then click the quote button in their post, and you can then edit it to just the bit you want.

(But it's not normally necessary to quote something from the post immediately previous to yours)

I've edited out all your "self-quotes" for ease of reading.

Actually, I'm not sure why you started a new topic either... you could have just continued in your first one about PhotoReal.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011.32 is not a map update. 2011.31 and then 2011.32 were released by Garmin due to errors in 2011.30, but essentially they're the same map.

You won't see photo real junctions with that either, you need 2011.40 or later ... Crying or Very sad
WELLHEADS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the comments, i will know what to do next time i post
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please use the same thread, starting a new one on the same subject isn't the done thing.
martindf3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTO REAL AGAIN Reply with quote

I have a 1490t and live in cheshire . I have just traveled to Norfolk and all the way down south, Exeter .The junction view only works on some of the junctions and Photo real view also works, but only on some junctions.

I actualy prefer the Lane giudance . I have another problem ,the screen on my Puegeot 207 blocks the traffic Icon from working and i have noticed I get poor reception in places .Not Garmins fault .It may be of interest but if you perform a route demo with the simulator on the junction view can be seen operating if you send it down the motorway .Hope this was useful
.Regards Martin
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, lane guidance is far more useful (and more common). Junction views will improve over time and will increase with each map update, so don't even expect to see them on every junction any time soon Crying or Very sad
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised by the comments about lack of photo real junctions. I don't know if there are model specific limitations to the number displaying but on my Nuvi 3790T nearly every motorway junction on the M1, M6, M42, M40, M3 and M25 display as do many junctions on A roads - admittedly dual carriageway / trunk roads.

The JCV will only display for your exit or where you are directed not to turn off a road where it divides so you won't see every junction you pass displayed.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number of junction views is not model dependant, it's map version dependant, newer the map version = more junction views Wink
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with last year's map - 2011.10, there were plenty of Junction views, coverage has improved slightly up tp 2012.10 although I suspect more of the views are being added in Europe rather than in the UK market.
martindf3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: 1490T Reply with quote

Friend has a Nissan Nivahra ,Its got Navteq maps and works identical to my Nuvi 1490t .we went down from Cheshire to Brands Hatch with them both on .Every thing worked the same apart from some minor route direction differences .and his junction view showed up a lot more than mine and stayed on almost up to the junction .I am very pleased with mine . I have a question about city explorer maps which I have installed. Its the transit type. It is there and its enabled but is greyed out . If I browse the map near say London it still stays greyed out . Will it work if I was there or is there a potential fault . Not that I intend walking but if something is there I like it to work .I also have the Language guide installed ,thats a bit slow but works fine . I even got another friend to buy one . My only wish is that the Bluetooth phone voice was a lot louder with out having the volume on loud .I have it muted
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have City explorer maps but suspect you need to set your nuvi to pedestrian mode for them to work??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: