Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Zumo 500 track
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Zumo 500 track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Zumo 500 track Reply with quote

I recently went on a trip to Spain & Portugal on my motorbike, for a 10-day trip, with a Zumo 500 fitted - the intention was to record the entire track so I could review it (in Mapsource & Google Earth) when I got home.

The by the time I return home, the Zumo was showing 39% memory usage for the recorded tracks; which I checked every day to ensure it was recording the track and it was.

I plugged the Zumo into my PC to download the tracks and discovered that it only provided me with the last 5-days tracks of a 10-day trip. I could not access the first five days tracks no matter what I did. This impressed my wife - not!!

When I came to delete the tracking and new waypoints, the Zumo asked me if I wanted to delete the archived data. As I had now idea what this data was, I clicked yes as I was going to re-install all my previous data.

If this archived data was the first 5 days tracks, where was it stored and why couldn't I see it in mapsource?

I realise that I have almost certainly lost the info I wanted, but has anyone got any ideas please on where the archived data was stored or what it might have been and what I can do in the future to prevent something like this happening again.

Prior to my trip, I deleted the old waypoints / track / routes so that that there were only the ones I needed installed on the Zumo.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: