Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem in Navigate to after turning off iPaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem in Navigate to after turning off iPaq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Problem in Navigate to after turning off iPaq Reply with quote

I have come across a problem in Tom Tom 3 and would be interested if any one else has come across it. Once I have set a destination and then navigate to that destination, if I turn off my Ipaq without turning off Tom Tom, when I turn the Ipag back on and want to "Navigate to" using the icon, the unit freezes and I do not get the second screen with "Home" "Address" "Recent Location" etc.

I have to exit Tom Tom then restart after which I can "Navigate to" and get the second screen.

Is it just me, or is it a bug?

Alan
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not exactly a bug. Yes, it is. Basically the programs fail to honour the WM_HIBERNATE system message that occurs when you "switch off" the PDA. When you swithc it back on, your position has changed, the time has changed etc. Enough changes to confuse the application and to ieven crash the whole Pocket PC.

Right now there is not much you can do. Application programmers must be made aware and adjust their programs. They simply didn't assume you would ever close their program... (BAD user!!!)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesnt happen on my system. If I divert of the set route to go get petrol/food and cant be arsed wth it telling me to do a U-turn I will switch the IPAQ 2210 off maybe 500 yds before I do come to a stop or I leave it on and let it power off on its own while im out the car. When it is switched back on there is no problem at all, works every time, the GOS position can be a little jumpy as it gets confused but picks up after 10 seconds or so.

Steve
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, consider yourself lucky. I think TomTom is also more forgiving than other applications. It works only 50% of the time in Mapopolis, and it doesn't work at all in PaPaGO.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES!
At last kindred spirits. See my thread...
Quote:
TT3 Stability in Map mode

This is exacty the problem I am having though a couple of folk suggested it was a card issue, I don't believe it is.

One tip. I found that when TT3 goes into "stuck mode", you can usually get it working by quitting the app (from TT3 or I use Wisbar) and re-running it.

I suppose I should report this to TT espcially as it seems I am not alone.

Thanks
ichilton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I get something like this but stranger - if I turn off my Ipaq 5450 while TomTom is loaded, when I turn it back on, I go to the menu and click on Navigate To, it doesn't redraw the screen, except for the menu item I click on....so you are clicking blind.

I have to exit, then restart it to get it to work again.

--ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: