Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Totally New to Sat Nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Totally New to Sat Nav
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Conductive thread Reply with quote

You can sew in conductive thread into gloves to use capacitive screens. Works for me when I ski.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the Givi S850 SatNav holder.
I use that on mine for the TT720, works fine.
You can measure the screen to see how big a tablet you can fit in. Also Hien Gericke do one which is cheaper, or was the Givi cheaper?? I can't remember now.

You can stuff the extras in the pouch as well - mains charger etc, and take it all away with you when you get off the bike.

I was thinking of a 7" tablet/phone as well, seems like a good compromise all round. 10" would be to big as a phone.

Also depends on how big the bike is, probably no good on a 125cc. Sports bike - bum in air, chin on yoke.
Very Happy

Cheers, Bob
JimmyNorth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again

Thanks 253 re the tip on the Givi holder. Its the best I've seen so far. Very useable and even has a place for a biro. A really well thought out bit of kit. I was looking at another Givi one I think some time ago but the S850 model looks really good. The pouch holding mibile phone etc will also be very useful.

Ali on an earlier post had recommended I look at some of the companies who sell second hand sat nav's but include a years warrantly and that may be the best way to go. I see no reason why a tablet won't work but at £400 they might be a bit dear although the purpose built bike units are that anyhow and more.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: