Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert draining battery on HTC desire HD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert draining battery on HTC desire HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curse you, Perry the Platypus...

I mean, yes, interesting idea. It might just work as we do post notifications. I'll see if I can get one of them displays to test it.

What's the difference between

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-LiveView-Bluetooth-Android-Based/dp/B004WJURQ2/ref=pd_cp_cps_0/192-1640396-1980457

and

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Liveview-display-Android/dp/B004E2V4NM/ref=pd_sim_cps_2/192-1640396-1980457

?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think there is a difference, looks like they are both made by Sony and they only make 2 as far as I can see - the ones you've linked to, and a smartwatch which is much more expensive (and one of the links you've posted refers to it by saying 'there is a newer model')

If you're happy to try to develop it, I have no problem with buying a unit to be a guinea pig (and take the risk that you may not succeed) - the only issue being that we're on opposite sides of the Atlantic. I have a Desire HD which seems to be on the list of compatible phones (from Sony's website) - the only other thing I'm not sure of is whether my phone would connect to the Live View and the Nissan Connect at the same time - but as I said, I'm happy to take the risk since it's only £25.
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Perry the Platypus - just googled it, looks like it's worth trying to get hold of Laughing
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to admit it, but I am addicted to that series, much the same as to the Big Bang Theory.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've managed to pick up a new Live View from ebay for £20, so if you want me to try anything with it to assist, then let me know.

If it does work, I think it would be an ideal solution for PGPS warnings in the car as it's discreet - I'll probably find a very short USB charging cable and stiffen it (spiral bound the cable with coat hangar and then heat shring tubing to tidy it up) so it can be mounted directly into the car charger.
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I now have the live view - looks like a cheap digital watch but will have to see if it can do the job.

You mentioned that you post alerts - this might be interesting also - is there something I can detect and use in tasker?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is still in the mail.

We post notifications (the stuff you see in the top bar). Maybe there is already a LiveView app for that? If not I'll "bricolér" one together.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. I got my LiveView. Cute little time waster. So - what do you expect it to do? Vibrate and show the upcoming camera icon and speed? Is there any expectation of a feedback loop? Like, when the camera is shown on the LiveView and you tap the screen, should anything happen?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
All right. I got my LiveView. Cute little time waster. So - what do you expect it to do? Vibrate and show the upcoming camera icon and speed? Is there any expectation of a feedback loop? Like, when the camera is shown on the LiveView and you tap the screen, should anything happen?

Ooh, choices Smile

I think I'd prefer it kept simple. No vibration (I'm going to clip it in view in the car - there's no way I'd wear it as a watch), so a display of the camera that has just set off an alert (depending on the settings on the main app) - camera type and distance/direction arrow to it is really all that's needed I would say - anything else is going to be too much info on a small screen, and again, to avoid unecessary distrations, no feedback. Thinking about it - distance could be a visual representation, rather than a number - so like a Windows progress bar, but reducing rather than increasing perhaps.

How does that sound?
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One extra thought - perhaps the pressing the right button could report a camera, or store it on the phone to review and report.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

Just vibrate so we bikers are alerted to cameras ahead
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kritou wrote:
lbendlin wrote:

Either you have massive expectations of the vibration capabilities of the gadget, or your bike is a lot smoother than the ones I used to have Laughing
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actd wrote:
Kritou wrote:
lbendlin wrote:

Either you have massive expectations of the vibration capabilities of the gadget, or your bike is a lot smoother than the ones I used to have Laughing

Being the owner of an elderly single cylinder Suzuki trail bike there is nothing I don't know about vibration .. :roll
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lutz

Did you get any further with this liveview gismo?

Failing which, one other thought occurred to me - is there any small android gadget (not a phone and preferably) with built in GPS that you know of that would do the job instead?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. Real Life (tm) got in the way. Once the work at work slows down a bit and the kids are back in school I may have a better chance.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: